Jay-Z Speaks Out About XXXTentacion's Death on Drake's "Talk Up"

Talk about and share the latest gossip on your favorite rappers in pop culture.
HipHopNews

Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:01 pm

It took a while, but Drake's highly anticipated double disc album "Scorpion" finally arrived, and fans and admirers alike are already pouring through the album looking for hidden gems, easter eggs, and more considering each lyric that Drake spits is packed to the brim with metaphors, entendre's, and everything else in between.

Already though, one of the tracks on the album, "Talk Up" features Jay-Z, who comes onto the record rapping about the late Rapper XXXTentacion.

""Yo, get close enough to HOV, smell like a kilo still/ First album 26, I ain't need no deal/ Already a hood legend, I ain't need no shine/ First Rollie flooded out, I ain't see no time," spits Jay menacingly over the DJ Paul production. As the verse continues, HOV lays his usual braggadocious bars down with ease, but the ending of his verse hits the hardest. "I'm what Supreme didn't become/ If Alpo didn't snitch, niggas'll be like Young,"

As everyone in the Hip Hop world knows, XXTentacion was shot and killed just last week, which means that this verse was recorded as a way to pay respect on Drake's album.