Taylor Bennett comes out as "Bi"

Talk about and share the latest gossip on your favorite rappers in pop culture.
WishSlayr

Taylor Bennett comes out as "Bi"

Post by WishSlayr » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:36 am

It seems like it is harder for a black man to come out as gay or even bi, especially when they are in the hip-hop industry. I am a fan of Chance (his older brother, you all know him!) and really admire him. He is a stand-up dude. Taylor coming out about this shouldn't change anything for him, at least to me but who knows how people will take it.

You can read about the interview here: http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2018/07/tayl ... interview/

m3xtack

Re: Taylor Bennett comes out as "Bi"

Post by m3xtack » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:11 am

I don't think things are the same as they once were. Most people won't even view this as a big deal, especially in the hip-hop industry. Do I think he is brave? I would have 20 years ago but he is just coming clean about who he is. Good for him on that.

ShArk

Post by ShArk » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:52 am

m3xtack wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:11 am
I don't think things are the same as they once were. Most people won't even view this as a big deal, especially in the hip-hop industry. Do I think he is brave? I would have 20 years ago but he is just coming clean about who he is. Good for him on that.
Yeah I still remember listening to some interview with the Game talking about how many guys in the industry are actually gay. I mean, I can see it. I don't care either way but you can kind of pick up on it with some of them. The women and cars aren't fooling everyone!

Bangarang

Post by Bangarang » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:15 am

I think the scene just change is all. If this was the 90's this might be a big deal. Specially when rappers were connected to crime and shit, and being in the wrong place at the wrong time got you shot. Now? I think ppl just tired of playin a whos who of guessin who hides the pole, and its about the message and the lyric style.
Gonna make it one day, believe me.

HipHopstical

Post by HipHopstical » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:04 am

When the majority of your audience and fan base is straight, it makes more sense to rap about getting women and whips than about getting dick and designer labels. That is just how it goes. Gay or not, for business reasons, male rappers will always stick to what they know sells. Women can go both ways with their rap for whatever reason but still primarily rap about dudes.