Does Hip Hop Hate Women?

Talk about and share the latest gossip on your favorite rappers in pop culture.
HipHopstical

Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:19 am

cuTterz wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:25 pm
Love and hate are strong words most people don't use currently these days.

Hip Hop doesn't hate women but it embraces their weaknesses in this world, that is clear. Nothing is empowering about being treated like an object. Women get these treatments all over though, not just in hip hop and men are the ones blamed for it... these women know what they are doing though. It makes money.
Ya know, I never viewed it like that but it seems to be the case in other places for women too... taking advantage of weak points. If women as a whole became confident in themselves and stopped comparing themselves to each other, fighting, etc. they can easily take over the world if brute force wasn't used against them.
skrilZZ

Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:47 am

Xport wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:40 am
skrilZZ wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:36 pm
It is painfully obvious the amount of fakeness in the entertainment industry but these days, people don't care so long as they are entertained. It is to the point where even getting angry or upset over something someone did or said is a source of entertainment, look at Kayne!

This is on the topic of women though so I don't want to get too far off track. I think similar to drugs and rock and roll, it is a love/hate relationship.
I think a big portion of art, in general, is fake. Be it fake words, fake emotion, or fake looks. I am fine with this because I am aware of it. I do want to point out though that women, even if they have fake breasts, butts, or anything else, are often shown in more natural lighting in music videos. They are not afraid of imperfect skin or dimples and scars. It is a funny subject when you think about it. The whole fake it till you make it thing should be fake it till you make it and fake it better.
I think that depends on the videos. Some of them heavily edited to make everyone's skin look like porcelain. But you are right, it is almost like they are taught to fake beauty and once they make it big or are given an opportunity, to fake it better.
redMT2

Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:13 am

Most music videos are heavily edited, don't matter if it is a dude's video or a woman's video. When people start assuming this is how they people look in real life, that is when it becomes a problem. Women should know that these barbie looking women are true to life. They have skin problems, wrinkles, cellulite, all that. I think little girls are the ones most at fault for believing this is how women really look or should look.
Xport

Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:45 am

redMT2 wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:13 am
Most music videos are heavily edited, don't matter if it is a dude's video or a woman's video. When people start assuming this is how they people look in real life, that is when it becomes a problem. Women should know that these barbie looking women are true to life. They have skin problems, wrinkles, cellulite, all that. I think little girls are the ones most at fault for believing this is how women really look or should look.
I think you meant "aren't" and they should but they don't. I know more young women who fall for the tricks than little girls. My youngest sister is 14 and her and all her friends know it is fake yet my older sister who is 29 still thinks it is legit. Go figure.
cuTterz

Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:23 pm

HipHopstical wrote:
cuTterz wrote:

Hip Hop doesn't hate women but it embraces their weaknesses in this world, that is clear. Nothing is empowering about being treated like an object. Women get these treatments all over though, not just in hip hop and men are the ones blamed for it... these women know what they are doing though. It makes money.
Ya know, I never viewed it like that but it seems to be the case in other places for women too... taking advantage of weak points. If women as a whole became confident in themselves and stopped comparing themselves to each other, fighting, etc. they can easily take over the world if brute force wasn't used against them.
And it wouldn't be used against them. A lot of pandering is done these days to empower women. It is a double edged sword though as a lot of mothers feel they are being attacked for wanting to focus on family over career. Women in general are more competitive than men, just on a mental standpoint.
HipHopstical

Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:27 am

cuTterz wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:23 pm
HipHopstical wrote:
cuTterz wrote:

And it wouldn't be used against them. A lot of pandering is done these days to empower women. It is a double edged sword though as a lot of mothers feel they are being attacked for wanting to focus on family over career. Women in general are more competitive than men, just on a mental standpoint.
I think empowering women is great but I have seen some take things too far. So many women out there think little of themselves and I don't know why. Maybe it is the industry, the media, or just how they see other woman being treated.
ShArk

Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:00 am

Yo-She wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:40 am
ShArk wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:50 pm
skrilZZ wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:14 am
I am really not surprised these women get work done. That is their choice and it is a business investment. If I was a lady, I'd probably enhance myself too to get more attention and fame. I know they like to blame men for these changes but it is the women who make these unrealistic standards for themselves. I am perfectly fine with imperfections.
It isn't just that, they also tell dude's what is acceptable to like and then other women get pissed when they can naturally achieve these things. Plenty of white women get their breasts and lips done, black women get their butts done and skin bleached. I will never understand the chase for perfection. Latinas and Asians, for the most part, seem to get the least amount of work done but this you know isn't the case for Hollywood. They are all fake.
I have seen plenty of Latina women who have had work, they are naturally curvier ladies than white women so it doesn't show as much.
Well okay, I will give you that. Maybe that is why it looks more natural? Some white women are rather curvy but they likely come from places like Italy where the women tend to have hourglass figures and wider hips.