Does Hip Hop Hate Women?

Talk about and share the latest gossip on your favorite rappers in pop culture.
Lil P

Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:24 pm

ShArk wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:12 am
JakeB0MB wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:33 am
I don't know man. I never thought of anything like this. I started the video and it is kind of deep. If women get treated so badly, why do they put up with it?
Fame, money, status, etc. I would imagine. I had a cousin I was close with growing up. She was in an abusive relationship. It took her nearly 2 years to admit it and when she did, she still stayed with the dude another 4 years and had 2 kids with him. She has since moved out of state and he is nowhere to be found. I hope he got locked up. Point being, women will put up with a lot of crap for many years before they finally feel they deserve better.
I mean, why else would they put up with it if not for the money and/or attention? I mean there is no shame in either but sometimes you have to know when yo fold your cards and respect yourself more.
Yo-She

Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:07 am

WishSlayr wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:16 am
Yo-She wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:04 am
As a woman, I can see why some people can say this and there are a lot of points I can agree with. This all depends on the individual woman and how she views her own life. Some are very happy being sex symbols for hip hop and that is fine. My only issue is when female artists aren't taking seriously or as serious simply because they ain't dudes.
I can get that. Like it isn't fair to not credit women when they put in just as much work as the men do. I know this happens and I hope in time things change. I am not sure what it will take but if artists who keep coming like Nicki that change the game, Beyonce who show they have talent and power, who knows where women will stand.
To be fair, some female artists are proving they got just as much to offer and then some. Nicki is a good example of that. Her latest album proves she is the queen of the game right now and she gets a lot of credit and respect for her work.
JakeB0MB

Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:14 am

ShArk wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:12 am
JakeB0MB wrote:
I don't know man. I never thought of anything like this. I started the video and it is kind of deep. If women get treated so badly, why do they put up with it?
Fame, money, status, etc. I would imagine. I had a cousin I was close with growing up. She was in an abusive relationship. It took her nearly 2 years to admit it and when she did, she still stayed with the dude another 4 years and had 2 kids with him. She has since moved out of state and he is nowhere to be found. I hope he got locked up. Point being, women will put up with a lot of crap for many years before they finally feel they deserve better.
Fair points. I don't get why they feel so low about themselves. Could this music influence that? I mean in a lot of hip-hop, women are portrayed like candy or sex objects and symbols. I mean if I were a girl growing up seeing all this I think I would be a bit insecure.
WishSlayr

Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:12 am

Yo-She wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:04 am

To be fair, some female artists are proving they got just as much to offer and then some. Nicki is a good example of that. Her latest album proves she is the queen of the game right now and she gets a lot of credit and respect for her work.
no hate on them or anything like that and you have a solid point
I still think in general though, a lot of the ladies aren't as pushed as much for their verbal talent.
ShArk

Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:06 am

JakeB0MB wrote:
]

Fair points. I don't get why they feel so low about themselves. Could this music influence that? I mean in a lot of hip-hop, women are portrayed like candy or sex objects and symbols. I mean if I were a girl growing up seeing all this I think I would be a bit insecure.
I am sure the music does in some ways. It is no secret that the media puts this standard of beauty on women that is damn near unreachable unless you have loads of money and are able to work out and diet 24/7. Even then, these women cheat and get breast and butt implants.
shad0ws

Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:10 am

No way hip hop hates women. If anything, it worships women. Just like money and power, women are top bar. I don't know how anyone can think this. Look, if a lady feels undervalued, that is on her. She can't blame an industry for how she feelin.
Yo-She

Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:32 am

shad0ws wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:10 am
No way hip hop hates women. If anything, it worships women. Just like money and power, women are top bar. I don't know how anyone can think this. Look, if a lady feels undervalued, that is on her. She can't blame an industry for how she feelin.
You can't look at one industry in the US and say it does appreciate women fully. Plenty of places, not just in hip hop, disregard women like they are inferior. Women may not be as strong as men or handle as much work-related stress but women are generally far more creative and it is a shame there aren't places where women outshine men in that regard. Even the gay men have fashion and beauty!
JakeB0MB

Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:38 am

ShArk wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:06 am
JakeB0MB wrote:
]

I am sure the music does in some ways. It is no secret that the media puts this standard of beauty on women that is damn near unreachable unless you have loads of money and are able to work out and diet 24/7. Even then, these women cheat and get breast and butt implants.
I did notice that seems to be a trend, especially with female rappers. Look and Nicki and Iggy. Both got work done

g code

Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:56 am

I wanted to give my 2 cents here.

Women are loved by all men, even men who treat them like trash. If women woke up tomorrow and decided they didn't need us fools, well, they'd be running the world. Every good man needs a good woman behind him.

As for the rap and hip hop industry, I would say it depends who you ask and what you are looking at. Money and sex sells here just like with everything else. People are more materialistic and driven by sex than ever before. The industry is banking on this, not to hate on women, but to use them to make sales. I can guarantee most if not all of them are fully aware of it. If a lady wants to be a sex symbol, let her.
HipHopstical

Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:44 am

JakeB0MB wrote:
]

I did notice that seems to be a trend, especially with female rappers. Look and Nicki and Iggy. Both got work done

I had to jump in here and say DAMN! Iggy looks completely different! She had WAY more work done than Nicki by a long shot. Nicki was cute back then. She didn't need to get all that work done but I guess it got her attention so it was more of a business investment.