Alaya High Becomes Youngest Female Rapper At Only 11 Years Old

Talk about and share the latest gossip on your favorite rappers in pop culture.
HipHopNews

Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:52 pm

Alaya High is an aspiring rapper who just became one of the youngest female artists to sign a major record label, all at the young age of 11.

On Wednesday, August 1st, Lay Lay - as she likes to be called - announced the news on her Instagram account and disclosed that she signed on with "Empire"
“It’s official!!! I am the YOUNGEST FEMALE RAP ARTIST to sign a record deal,” the caption read. “Look out for my first single ‘Go Lay Lay Go’ ALBUM ON THE WAY!!!”

Alaya currently counts over 230,000 Instagram followers and first started gaining attention back in May when her freestyle over BlocBoy JB's "Shoot" went viral on Twitter, which gained her a massive influx of followers. Since then she's posted a new freestyle every Friday during what she calls "Freestyle Friday".

The Houston resident currently resides in Atlanta where her new career is getting started. On top of her new single, and her new deal, she's announced that she's been busy and will also be developing an album as well.

Judge for yourself below whether she's good or not with two of her freestyles.

We'll have to see what the future holds for this young rising star.
cryztals

Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:22 am

While this is very impressive, 11 years old is tooooooo dang young to be getting into this. I hope this doesn't screw up her childhood. She is only 11 after all.
skrilZZ

Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:58 pm

cryztals wrote:
While this is very impressive, 11 years old is tooooooo dang young to be getting into this. I hope this doesn't screw up her childhood. She is only 11 after all.
I view this differently I guess. To me, getting into this at 11 means she will be more prepared than someone who just started getting into rap at 16/``17 years old. No one is saying she has to get out there and start booty shaking. She is 11 years old though and she clearly is intelligent for her age.
WishSlayr

Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:17 am

I think a bit of both sides on this. Yeah, she is only 11 but she is already years ahead of so many other women in the rap game.

I can't say it will be a good thing for her, like without it taking away from her childhood in some way, shape or form but it beats living in the hood and struggling. I don't know her background but her and her family will have great income and she can make a life for them now if they have been struggling.
redMT2

Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:42 am

I heard about her but I had no idea she was signed! You know damn well her mama is going to be riding her coattails to the top! LOL
cryztals

Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:59 am

skrilZZ wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:58 pm
cryztals wrote:
I view this differently I guess. To me, getting into this at 11 means she will be more prepared than someone who just started getting into rap at 16/``17 years old. No one is saying she has to get out there and start booty shaking. She is 11 years old though and she clearly is intelligent for her age.
I still think it is too young. I would say 15 is the cut off for me. Anything 15 or younger is just too young for both girls and guys. The music industry is hard and stressful. If you are a kid, you will certainly lose a piece of your childhood you will never get back.
JakeB0MB

Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:43 am

I hope whatever she does or wherever she goes, she doesn't feel the need to change herself. Too many women these days have that issue, especially in hip hop.
skrilZZ

Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:30 am

JakeB0MB wrote:
I hope whatever she does or wherever she goes, she doesn't feel the need to change herself. Too many women these days have that issue, especially in hip hop.
That is all branding though. A lot of them change but only in the public eye. Drake did it. He puts on a gangster persona but he is realistically one of the nicest guys in the game.
JakeB0MB

Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:38 am

skrilZZ wrote:
JakeB0MB wrote:
That is all branding though. A lot of them change but only in the public eye. Drake did it. He puts on a gangster persona but he is realistically one of the nicest guys in the game.
I meant in more of a physical sense. Like bleaching their skin, getting plastic surgery, and all that noise. Women need to be able to be appreciated for being real again.
skrilZZ

Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:08 am

JakeB0MB wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:38 am
skrilZZ wrote:
JakeB0MB wrote:
I meant in more of a physical sense. Like bleaching their skin, getting plastic surgery, and all that noise. Women need to be able to be appreciated for being real again.
Ah right, I feel that. So many beautiful dark skinned women get their skin lightened. I never understood why. Dark skin is beautiful. Not hating on pale skinned gals but I always had a thing for rich dark chocolate 8-)