Air Jordan 4 "Raptors" Debut This Weekend

Talk about and share the latest gossip on your favorite rappers in pop culture.
HipHopNews

Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:17 am

This weekend the "Raptor" Air Jordan 4 will make its debut, starting Saturday, August 18th at various sneaker outlets all across the country. Though, initial reports indicate that they won't be evenly distributed.

Judging from Foot Lockers Release Locator, the Raptors Air Jordan 5's will be available at every location in the franchise, though the Footaction locations will only have them available in select locations. Other sneaker outlets are spotty at best.

Over the years Jordan Brand has released several NBA team-inspired Air Jordans (outside of the familiar Bulls colorways) including a "New York Knicks" Air Jordan 1, "Cavs" Air Jordan 4, "Pistons" Air Jordan 6, and a "Phoenix Suns" Air Jordan 8, just to name a few. Next up is the Toronto Raptors edition of the beloved Air Jordan 4.

Just like the "Raptors" Air Jordan 7 that released in 2012, this upcoming sneaker features a black nubuck upper accompanied by hits of red and purple which is more in tune with their classic dribbling dino logo. It was originally believed that this particular Air Jordan 4 colorway was an OVO collab, complete with Drake's signature under the Jumpman on the tongue, but the retail version won't include any nods to the Toronto native.

Again, look for the "Raptors" Air Jordan 4 to arrive at Jordan Brand retailers tomorrow, August 18, for the retail price of $200.

WishSlayr

Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:30 am

I actually like those a lot. The all black with the pop of purple and a touch of red, it is really clean looking. Are these running for the same price as the standard J's or is the price tag higher? I might get me a pair.
cryztals

Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:26 am

WishSlayr wrote:
I actually like those a lot. The all black with the pop of purple and a touch of red, it is really clean looking. Are these running for the same price as the standard J's or is the price tag higher? I might get me a pair.
Typical price yeah. My friend got them the other day and shot me a picture. They look slick for sure but the color combo don't really go well with a lot. I mean, unless you wear black, white, red, and purple all the time lol
Lil P

Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:26 pm

Most places around here are sold out or only have a small number of sizes left. Looks like they sold out online at some spots too. I was thinking these would be under $200 but I shouldn't be surprised. They are some dope shoes.
JakeB0MB

Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:42 am

My cousin got a pair of them. I wanted to get a pair but didn't have the cash for them. They look even better in person.
WishSlayr

Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:29 pm

cryztals wrote:
WishSlayr wrote:
Typical price yeah. My friend got them the other day and shot me a picture. They look slick for sure but the color combo don't really go well with a lot. I mean, unless you wear black, white, red, and purple all the time lol
I don't care too much about matching kicks to clothes so it wouldn't bother me. I'll have to wait till they come back in stock over here. I can find them online I am sure but I wanna see them in person and try them on before I buy a pair for that price.
cryztals

Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:53 am

WishSlayr wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:29 pm
cryztals wrote:
WishSlayr wrote:
I don't care too much about matching kicks to clothes so it wouldn't bother me. I'll have to wait till they come back in stock over here. I can find them online I am sure but I wanna see them in person and try them on before I buy a pair for that price.
A lot of online prices shoot up too when stocks are low so be careful with that. I can understand wanting to see them before buying. I got a pair of shoes a few years back that looked completely different than what I was expecting them to.
redMT2

Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:20 am

I'd like to see them come out with another color variation. Maybe some red and blue ones Not big on purple myself. I can't hate on them though cause they look good but I have to pass just cause purple isn't my color.