Young Dolph Brags About Tossing Away $22Million Record Deal

Talk about and share the latest gossip on your favorite rappers in pop culture.
HipHopNews

Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:19 pm

For the last several years, Memphis Rap star Young Dolph has seen his stock rise considerably despite his setbacks, having survived beef with Yo Gotti, others, and attempts to kill him.

With 2.8 million followers on Instagram and several Billboard 200 placements, it comes as no surprise that major labels are knocking themselves over to take matters with him to a whole other level.

Though, for them, Dolph is an artist who wants to "Get Paid" and retain most of his profits, rather than put it in the hands of someone else. In an impromptu Instagram PSA on Monday, August 20th, a decision was made on whether he should autograph a recording contract worth $22million
“I done got myself in a fucked up ass situation, dawg. I don’t know what the fuck to do, dawg,” he began before clarifying, “I do know what to do.”
After careful consideration, and with a folder that contained possible legal documents, Dolph proclaimed "Fuck the $22million" as he tossed the contract over his Rolls Royce and walked off.

Just a day prior, Dolph filmed himself previewing new music so it’s only inevitable that a new wave is on the horizon.

ShArk

Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:18 am

I think this is part of a trend right now with some artists turning away from big labels. They want to be in control of their content and what they produce and I can hardly blame them. Music hasn't been quite the same in a long while now and I blame the record labels for cutting corners and only producing what they know will sell instead of allowing creative freedom to chance a flop.
shad0ws

Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:06 am

ShArk wrote:
I think this is part of a trend right now with some artists turning away from big labels. They want to be in control of their content and what they produce and I can hardly blame them. Music hasn't been quite the same in a long while now and I blame the record labels for cutting corners and only producing what they know will sell instead of allowing creative freedom to chance a flop.
I was talking about this with someone the other day which is ironic to me. Like all these dudes and even some women are trying to be "beyond" the label. I mean throwing away contracts like this is a huge deal but some of them might regret it long term.
g code

Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:58 am

Young Dolph needs some man clothes and to stop pretending this isn't about publicity. Nothing I hate more than a dude who acts like he is above other people cause he doesn't have needs. Man, shut the hell up. You don't need to go public and demand respect for what you did. Be true to yourself for sure, just don't be s dick about it.
ShArk

Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:11 am

shad0ws wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:06 am
ShArk wrote:
I was talking about this with someone the other day which is ironic to me. Like all these dudes and even some women are trying to be "beyond" the label. I mean throwing away contracts like this is a huge deal but some of them might regret it long term.
We are in an era where people can legit get famous online and make money without them so them trying to make it on their own is not that hard to believe. Yes, some may regret it but for the ones who do make it, they will likely be better off.