Tupac's Estate Wins Back Unreleased Music

Talk about and share the latest gossip on your favorite rappers in pop culture.
HipHopstical

Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:39 pm

The estate of Tupac Shakur has reportedly won back a batch of unreleased music from the late Hip Hop legend. According to TMZ, the Shakur Estate’s lawsuit against Entertainment One was finally settled and the music is part of the deal.

The Shakur Estate accused the company of cheating them out of royalties. Consequently, Entertainment One will reportedly pay the estate a substantial six-figure amount.
Source: https://hiphopdx.com/news/id.48632/titl ... ased-music

It is a shame that Afeni passed away before this was settled but I am still glad it finally was.

Hopefully, the rest of the family and friends behind those two can rest now and not have to deal with anything like this ever again.
WishSlayr

Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:32 pm

Wow this felt like something that was going on for forever man.

I too am glad it is over. I don't know how many people this was still affecting after Afeni passed but I hope they are doing okay now.
ShArk

Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:53 pm

When did this all start? I remember hearing about it a few years ago but I don't know when it all started or why it even got dragged out for as long as it did. I don't keep up with the business side of hip hop a whole lot.
Lil P

Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:19 am

ShArk wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:53 pm
When did this all start? I remember hearing about it a few years ago but I don't know when it all started or why it even got dragged out for as long as it did. I don't keep up with the business side of hip hop a whole lot.
Started in 2013. So it took basically 5 years to end it. Too damn long if you ask me. Glad it is over for everyone involved on the right side of things.