JAY-Z At The Top!

Talk about and share the latest gossip on your favorite rappers in pop culture.
HipHopstical

Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:43 pm

Forbes has officially tallied its list of the highest-paid hip-hop artists of the past year, and largely due to endorsements and world tours, the group averaged in $44 million.

JAY-Z came in on top with $76.5 million, as he embarked on his 4:44 run in 2017 and later kicked off his joint On The Run II tour with his wife, Beyonce. The couple also released their Everything Is Love album in June. Diddy followed Jay with $64 million, thanks to some massive beverage endorsements, including Ciroc vodka, DeLeon tequila and Aquahydrate alkaline water.
Source: https://www.billboard.com/articles/news ... tists-2018

Jay Z came out on top for 2018 and that really doesn't surprise me. It is nuts to think Diddy is still up there too but he has a lot of names under him.
Did you guys think Jay Z would be the highest paid man in hip hop this year??
WishSlayr

Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:32 pm

Jay Z is one of them dudes who starts strong and never finishes. He will be leaving behind a legacy for his children. Really have to give him mad props for it. I didn't think Diddy was that high up there either but I knew he was still earning a lot.
cryztals

Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:07 pm

He has an empire. He runs a lot of hip hop today and even fuels the trends of it. Dude is legit untouchable and he knows it.
ShArk

Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:48 pm

cryztals wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:07 pm
He has an empire. He runs a lot of hip hop today and even fuels the trends of it. Dude is legit untouchable and he knows it.
Untouchable in what sense? I mean yeah he is stupid with money and influential power but one mistake can cost him millions. Could be why you don't see him too often out in public doing things like many other men in hip hip.
Lil P

Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:20 am

I can't see this dude going anywhere anytime soon either. I can bet his kids take over his thrown when he passes on as well. No one comes close to touching the dude anymore.
skrilZZ

Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:40 pm

When did he start blowing up and launch his own label? I don't remember what year it was but I know a lot of people were doubting him.

Funny to look at him now, especially for those people who thought he would fail.
redMT2

Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:39 pm

He is still on top because he has been able to reinvent himself multiple times. Look at how well the Carters did. With Beyonce at his side, this album took everyone by surprise. I like the collab with them two.