The Kayne & Trump Meeting

Talk about and share the latest gossip on your favorite rappers in pop culture.
Yo-She

Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:38 am

So today Kayne met with President Trump today. There were also many other people from the black community including Candace Owens and Jim Brown, a former NFL player. I read a bit on what happened and saw some videos. While I know a lot of people are in favor of calling these men and women uncle toms and what not, I think what they are doing is rather brave. I don't care what side you are on politically, it is viewed as a crime for any black person to support Trump or be conservative and I just don't understand why. I am a Liberal myself but I am open to different opinions and ideas. It just seems silly to act this way to me. I think the meeting they had was very good and I am proud of all the people involved no matter what the media says. We need to communicate between parties to see change, not complain and call each other names!
JakeB0MB

Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:29 pm

It is like this... Kayne has been an icon for the black community for nearly 20 years now. When you have Trump underselling the issues with the KKK and not standing up for people who are actually in need, it paints a funny picture. Kayne is being viewed as mentally ill because he is acting as if he forgot where he came from.
skrilZZ

Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:39 pm

JakeB0MB wrote:
It is like this... Kayne has been an icon for the black community for nearly 20 years now. When you have Trump underselling the issues with the KKK and not standing up for people who are actually in need, it paints a funny picture. Kayne is being viewed as mentally ill because he is acting as if he forgot where he came from.
As much as I don't care for a lot of the Republicans, you have to keep in mind that Trump is part of a team. I don't think the man is racist at all, he is intelligent regardless of what people say. He has to work on how he says things and runs his mouth on Twitter but he has done good for the country and Kayne is simply acknowledging it. Sure, we can sit here and bash Trump but what good does that do us? He is the president we have right now so if we don't at the very least support him on that, we fail to support the country. I love America, it is certain Americans I don't care for.
redMT2

Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:25 pm

I support Kayne even if I don't always agree with his views on things. The media wants us all to hate the man. Screw the media. We can all think for ourselves, can't we?
shad0ws

Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:04 pm

redMT2 wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:25 pm
I support Kayne even if I don't always agree with his views on things. The media wants us all to hate the man. Screw the media. We can all think for ourselves, can't we?
Politics, in general, is a screw job and when you have celebrities who get ostracized for not agreeing with the majority of them, what do you think will happen? Kayne has actually gained more supporters because of this. Crazy or not, you have to be a brave man to be open about liking Trump right now. People get violent over it.
Xport

Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:32 am

I think it is important that people look past these blank faces and stereotypes that are destroying this nation. Black doesn't = Democrat and to think that is kind of an insult in my book. You shouldn't assume someone's religion, political stance, or lifestyle based on the color of their skin and if you do, you are the one being prejudice. That is my only reply on the subject. Kayne shouldn't be hated for thinking differently, no one should be if they are coming from/with good intentions.
cuTterz

Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:18 pm

Yo-She wrote:
So today Kayne met with President Trump today. There were also many other people from the black community including Candace Owens and Jim Brown, a former NFL player. I read a bit on what happened and saw some videos. While I know a lot of people are in favor of calling these men and women uncle toms and what not, I think what they are doing is rather brave. I don't care what side you are on politically, it is viewed as a crime for any black person to support Trump or be conservative and I just don't understand why. I am a Liberal myself but I am open to different opinions and ideas. It just seems silly to act this way to me. I think the meeting they had was very good and I am proud of all the people involved no matter what the media says. We need to communicate between parties to see change, not complain and call each other names!
Most people see things through horse blinders these days. I am glad you are more open-minded. Plenty of liberals are coming out against the hard left and how they are fueling people to act in outrage on social media and in the entertainment industry. I really don't know what I am political. I guess I fall somewhere in the middle but I honestly don't care. People have put me off hard on politics.
HipHopstical

Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:21 am

I didn't know this even was a thing until one of my friends was complaining about it. I really don't care. I don't like Trump, never did and never will but I am not going to waste my breath or time being upset over one man having a meeting with him.
Yo-She

Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:16 pm

cuTterz wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:18 pm
Yo-She wrote:
Most people see things through horse blinders these days. I am glad you are more open-minded. Plenty of liberals are coming out against the hard left and how they are fueling people to act in outrage on social media and in the entertainment industry. I really don't know what I am political. I guess I fall somewhere in the middle but I honestly don't care. People have put me off hard on politics.
You shouldn't let people do that though. Politics and voting are both very important for our lives and our futures. Something done now can change the way our children's future ends up too. A lot to consider. Just don't pick a side. Focus on any issue as an individual and vote according to what you think it best for you and your family.
JakeB0MB

Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:21 pm

skrilZZ wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:39 pm
JakeB0MB wrote:
As much as I don't care for a lot of the Republicans, you have to keep in mind that Trump is part of a team. I don't think the man is racist at all, he is intelligent regardless of what people say. He has to work on how he says things and runs his mouth on Twitter but he has done good for the country and Kayne is simply acknowledging it. Sure, we can sit here and bash Trump but what good does that do us? He is the president we have right now so if we don't at the very least support him on that, we fail to support the country. I love America, it is certain Americans I don't care for.
LOL I don't have to support him and I don't. The dude is a raging nutcase. I don't get how anyone even voted him in office in the first place. He is racist and wants nothing good to come from blacks or any other minority in this country. Kayne is just his token black dude he puts on a stage to dance for his audience. Such a sellout.