Gucci Mane Tries to Shut Down Child Support Lawsuit

Talk about and share the latest gossip on your favorite rappers in pop culture.
HipHopNews

Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:03 am

One thing can be said about Gucci Mane – he does a great job at flexing. Unfortunately, it looks like his flexing habits are coming back to haunt him in a lot of ways. The Rappers baby momma, Sheena Evans, is looking for a major increase in child support payment and Gucci is clearly now down for that.

According to news media sources, Gucci has denied that he lives an unnecessarily lavish lifestyle in response to Evans request that he pay out more for child support. Evans previously sued Gucci Mane for a major increase in child support for their 11-year-old son, Keitheon in the past. Though Gucci mane currently is paying more than $2,000 each month in support. Reportedly, Evans wants it increased to $20,000 a month.

The request for an increase in child support payment was based on Gucci Manes career over the past several years and was stated that Mane isn’t currently making as much as he was then.

Yet, in the past few years, he’s been making bank, including a comeback push after serving prison time and his BET wedding special. Additionally, Evans is also citing Gucci’s very same wedding where it reportedly cost $1million to throw.

Gucci Mane has since responded to the suit and denied the cost of the wedding and the overblown statements of his lifestyle. Citing that his income has not changed and that an increase in Child Support payment is not necessary.
m3xtack

Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:44 pm

$20,000 a month is WAY too damn much. I am sorry. You don't need all that to raise a child. Plenty of mothers do so on minimum wage. I think $2000 is a fair amount considering how much he makes but given that it is his child, he should want to support it more (outside of government/law demands) ya know?
Deez

Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:41 am

Heck man I'd even wager $3,000 a month aint dat bad. Thats about $36,000 a year, and in a lotta places thats perfectly middle class income. Get the kid some health insurance, get outta a bad neighborhood, go to a decent school etc.

$20,000 a month. What she smokin? No kid needs that much to live. She's wantin a hand out is what she's wanting with that kinda money.
Yo-She

Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:26 pm

Deez wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:41 am
Heck man I'd even wager $3,000 a month aint dat bad. Thats about $36,000 a year, and in a lotta places thats perfectly middle class income. Get the kid some health insurance, get outta a bad neighborhood, go to a decent school etc.

$20,000 a month. What she smokin? No kid needs that much to live. She's wantin a hand out is what she's wanting with that kinda money.
That is money for him too ya know? Not for her in the technical sense. It is for her to care for him so the money should be primarily going to the kid. She just wants to live the high life and be a spoiled hoodrat offer her child. I can't stand women who use their kids to get gains. Makes me sick.
skrilZZ

Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:57 am

If you are a woman who is raising a child alone and not working and wants to live in a nice area, then $2,000 a month won't cut it. You'd probably need $5,000 a month minimum. I am talking about living in a really nice place, with nice school systems, and higher-end shopping places. $20,000 a month though, that is just insane to ask for. I know someone who, between himself and his wife, make around $13,000 a month and they hardly know what to do with the money. They save a lot of it and they have 2 kids.
redMT2

Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:14 am

skrilZZ wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:57 am
If you are a woman who is raising a child alone and not working and wants to live in a nice area, then $2,000 a month won't cut it. You'd probably need $5,000 a month minimum. I am talking about living in a really nice place, with nice school systems, and higher-end shopping places. $20,000 a month though, that is just insane to ask for. I know someone who, between himself and his wife, make around $13,000 a month and they hardly know what to do with the money. They save a lot of it and they have 2 kids.
I can see that. $5000 sounds reasonable if you are in a nice area for sure. Gotta figure if you are paying rent, the rent alone will be like $1600+ a month plus utilities. Round that out at say $2,000. Then tuition is probably $800+ a month for a nice school. Then what is left over is for food and what not.
Xport

Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:51 am

The dude earned his money, who cares how he spends it. I think it is pretty crappy when people try to say, oh you have money for this but you can't give your baby's mamma 20 grand a month!? She don't need it!
HipHopstical

Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:44 am

Xport wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:51 am
The dude earned his money, who cares how he spends it. I think it is pretty crappy when people try to say, oh you have money for this but you can't give your baby's mamma 20 grand a month!? She don't need it!
I was thinking the same thing. Like I get that the woman is asking for too much but to highlight his spendings is kind of a double standard. He earned the money. His child support is for the child, not the mother at least not directly.