Logic - YSIV

Write your review on the last album or mixtape you listened to.
shad0ws

Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:01 pm

Track List:

1) ‘Thank You’ (Feat. Lucy Rose & The RattPack)
2) ‘Everybody Dies‘
3) ‘The Return‘
4) ‘The Glorious Five’
5) ‘One Day‘ (Feat. Ryan Tedder)
6) ‘Wu Tang Forever’ (Feat. Ghostface Killah, Raekwon, RZA, Method Man, Inspectah Deck, Cappadonna, Jackpot Scotty Wotty, U-God, Masta Killa & GZA)
7) ‘100 Miles And Running’ (Feat. Wale & John Lindahl)
8) ‘Ordinary Day’ (Feat. Hailee Steinfeld)
9) ‘YSIV’
10) ‘Street Dreams II’
11) ‘The Adventures Of Stoney Bob’ (Feat. Kajo, Slaydro & Big Lenbo)
12) ‘Legacy’
13) ‘ICONIC’ (Feat. Jaden Smith)
14) ‘Last Call’

Really feeling this album. Anyone else hear it all yet? Dropped on the 28th of last month I believe.
My friend got the CD and I ended up ripping it to my computer. Glad I did. Well worth it. This might be his best work yet.
g code

Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:20 am

I didn't hear the entire thing but I have an appreciation for the vibe he goes with. Like the older school beats and tempo. A lot of people these days focus on that club style and I am honestly not a fan of it anymore. It was cool like 5 years ago, now it is just played out for me.
Xport

Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:50 am

g code wrote:
I didn't hear the entire thing but I have an appreciation for the vibe he goes with. Like the older school beats and tempo. A lot of people these days focus on that club style and I am honestly not a fan of it anymore. It was cool like 5 years ago, now it is just played out for me.
I am with you. I like the late 90's and early 2000's the most. The earlier hip hop beats are decent but the ones that are popular today are too focused on bass and shock value.
HipHopstical

Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:26 am

He is a dope rapper and I like that he gives back to the less fortunate communities and minorities. Shines a light on it all but in a good way ya know? I liked the album for the most part. Only 2 songs I didn't really care for.
Yo-She

Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:35 pm

I really didn't like him at first. He was one of those dudes that I guess because of how he looked and seemed to act, I didn't want to give him a chance. I feel different about him now and actually really enjoyed this album a lot.
g code

Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:36 am

Xport wrote:
g code wrote:
I am with you. I like the late 90's and early 2000's the most. The earlier hip hop beats are decent but the ones that are popular today are too focused on bass and shock value.
I called that mindless music. It is the kind of music you can be high or drunk out your mind and enjoy in the club or at a party. I like poetic vibes and deep meanings, not just nonsense that happens to rhyme on a repetitive pitch.
Xport

Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:42 am

g code wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:36 am
Xport wrote:
g code wrote:
I called that mindless music. It is the kind of music you can be high or drunk out your mind and enjoy in the club or at a party. I like poetic vibes and deep meanings, not just nonsense that happens to rhyme on a repetitive pitch.
The mindless thing seems to sell more and take less effort though. You have to remember that a lot of dudes don't even write their own work and I think it shows for a lot of them.