Jeans in Hip Hop Through the Years

The place to discuss fashion and ice.
JakeB0MB

Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:32 am

In the 70's it was all about the straight cut relaxed fit jean.

The 80's took on a rock and roll type style with flashy colors and tight cuts.

Early 90's brought us the ripped and worn "skater" street style in hip hop often with several tears, holes, and chains.

The mid to late 90's was prime for baggy and oversized jeans often rocked with some Tims or another kind of street boots.

Early 2000's is where the style of jeans in hip hop started to come low. Sagging was not a trend, some would tie up one pant leg with a bandana as well.

Mid 2000's headed back to the early 90's with the tattered and ripped look which was a bit tighter but just as worn out.

And today, we have the tight fitting jeans that people love to hate and hate to love.

Do you think jeans in hip hop as far as trends go will loop back to the mid 90's next?
redMT2

Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:37 am

I can see them getting looser already. I don't think they will be as baggy as they once were but I am not really good with fashion. I tend to like what I like and stick with it. Never wore the skinny jeans, no for me man. I like relaxed cut sitting a little low.
HipHopstical

Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:02 am

I never really noticed how the industry changed fashion wise over the last 15 years. It seems like it has been the same since the oversized jeans stopped being the thing to wear.
cryztals

Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:28 am

redMT2 wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:37 am
I can see them getting looser already. I don't think they will be as baggy as they once were but I am not really good with fashion. I tend to like what I like and stick with it. Never wore the skinny jeans, no for me man. I like relaxed cut sitting a little low.
I still see people rocking the nut grabbing pants around here lol I owned 2 tighters pairs myself and I just could not feel comfortable in them. I got some thighs man and they need air :D
Lil P

Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:31 pm

I'll just leave this video here for a bit of consideration...

Dudes dress more like women these days than men, especially when it comes to jeans.
WishSlayr

Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:07 am

Lil P wrote:

Dudes dress more like women these days than men, especially when it comes to jeans.
While this is a bit of a stretch I can see the weirdness of it all.. Like it does seem like some men are dressing a lot more feminine today but look at 80's rock and roll. Those dudes look more like women than men so I think it is just a fashion trend that will fade in time.
Lil P

Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:17 am

WishSlayr wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:07 am
Lil P wrote:

While this is a bit of a stretch I can see the weirdness of it all.. Like it does seem like some men are dressing a lot more feminine today but look at 80's rock and roll. Those dudes look more like women than men so I think it is just a fashion trend that will fade in time.
The conspiracy stuff aside, the point I was making was what you grasped. Maybe the same thing happened to hip hop that happened to rock and roll and it will change after.
Derrique

Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:45 pm

Look man. Alls I know is I like the baggy jeans with the timbs look. Looks dope, and looks badass. Makes you look like a workin man. Like you come outta some quarry or some construction or something. Who don't respect someone who can build a house by day sling some bantz at night?

I dont know. I just like my rappers lookin like men, and not lookin like they got no butt and twig legs.