Will watches ever fade out?

The place to discuss fashion and ice.
Post Reply
User avatar
WishSlayr
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:11 am

Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:38 pm

Given that everyone and their moms has a smartphone these days, the need for a wrist watch just doesn't matter. Everyone has the time right there. Given that it is more of a fashion statement now than anything, will the trend ever fade out of hip hop?
User avatar
m3xtack
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:06 am

Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:10 pm

They aren't that huge of trend to say they would fade in my opinion. I mean sure, a lot of dudes rock them but it is more about the value than the actual use.
User avatar
Lil P
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:06 am

Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:22 am

m3xtack wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:10 pm
They aren't that huge of trend to say they would fade in my opinion. I mean sure, a lot of dudes rock them but it is more about the value than the actual use.
Exactly this. It is about the money they spend on it and the bling it holds. Men don't wear watches for time purposes. They haven't in a good 15 years now.
User avatar
skrilZZ
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:42 pm

Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:50 pm

They will always be a "trend" so to speak for people who have money. It is like women wearing a diamond necklace. It is a masculine accessory that screams success.
User avatar
shad0ws
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:17 am

Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:27 pm

I really don't see everyday people wearing them anymore. I think like mentioned it is just like the "man's bracelet" and it is more of a fashion accessory than a functional tool.
User avatar
WishSlayr
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:11 am

Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:42 pm

skrilZZ wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:50 pm
They will always be a "trend" so to speak for people who have money. It is like women wearing a diamond necklace. It is a masculine accessory that screams success.
I guess this is true. A lot of dudes who have money sport expensive watches and other bling. Makes sense they would keep wearing watches.
User avatar
m3xtack
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:06 am

Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:36 pm

Lil P wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:22 am
m3xtack wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:10 pm
They aren't that huge of trend to say they would fade in my opinion. I mean sure, a lot of dudes rock them but it is more about the value than the actual use.
Exactly this. It is about the money they spend on it and the bling it holds. Men don't wear watches for time purposes. They haven't in a good 15 years now.
The only people I can see using them are old dudes who don't know how to work cell phones or the ones who don't want them. My grandfather was like this up until like 2 years ago. He HATED the idea of having a phone. My sister had to guilt trip him into getting one.
Post Reply