Is your family divided?

Want to kick back and discuss something other than hip hop? Do it here.
WishSlayr

Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:31 pm

Every since this political crap got lit on fire, all I seem to smell is doggy doo doo. Some of my friends get so wrapped up in the mess that I can't even talk to them. My family is the worst. I have some who basically want the president to die, others who support him and then everything else in between. Aside from a few, none of them even make any dang sense. It is like they are just saying what everyone else is saying. Then when they try to talk to each other about issues, it just turns into screaming and fighting.

Anyone else's family like this? I mean this was the case when Obama was in office too, most of my family hated him shortly into his second term cause he didn't do anything for lower to middle-class America but screw us over but with Trump... It is like a war zone.
cryztals

Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:13 pm

My family has been divided since I was born. The political stuff is just another thing to complain about and argue over. If it isn't Trump, it is who shot 2Pac. I try to avoid this kind of talk myself. I have my views and I know my views don't line up with everyone else's and that is okay. I just wish more people didn't feel like they were under attack for simply having a disagreement.
m3xtack

Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:12 pm

Trump may as well build a wall in between my family. lol So much blind ignorance it is unbelievable. I wish they would stay off Facebook and Twitter.
cryztals

Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:44 am

m3xtack wrote:
Trump may as well build a wall in between my family. lol So much blind ignorance it is unbelievable. I wish they would stay off Facebook and Twitter.
LOL that is a good one. I swear man, soon as politics became a trendy topic. the worst in people surfaced and it got ugly fast.
JakeB0MB

Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:44 am

I haven't noticed anything like this in my family but we don't talk politics or religion. I think it is a good thing in most cases. We all have our opinions and unless it is something people want to talk about together not against each other, things just don't get brought up.
m3xtack

Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:55 am

cryztals wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:44 am
m3xtack wrote:
LOL that is a good one. I swear man, soon as politics became a trendy topic. the worst in people surfaced and it got ugly fast.
That and it don't help what people act like on Twitter and Facebook. More so Twitter but still. They just act like they get high on being angry and offended or something.
HipHopstical

Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:54 am

My family doesn't really talk about politics. They are more focused on things like complaining about the manager at the grocery store or wanting to punch someone in the McD's drive-thru lol I am actually glad they avoid the topic. It is toxic man.
Bestboi

Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:14 pm

Ya'll breaking my heart here.

I don't tell no one bout me, cuz im not all that interesting. But my mom and pop been split since i was a kid. Havent seen my Dad in a year, but I talk to him on facebook. Mom workin too dang much, and im workin a job that calls me outta the blue, and sends me home outta the blue so i dont have a set schedule. Dont know bout the rest of my family.

Holidays are boring. Jus me and my mom. Aint so bad tho.