Anime?

Want to kick back and discuss something other than hip hop? Do it here.
ShArk

Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:44 am

Not sure if this was mentioned in a thread on here or not, I may have overlooked it. Anyone into Anime?

I am a pretty big fan of the Dragon Ball series. I have watched them all and can't help but enjoy it. I also like Fullmetal Alchemist and a few others.
cryztals

Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:03 am

ShArk wrote:
Not sure if this was mentioned in a thread on here or not, I may have overlooked it. Anyone into Anime?

I am a pretty big fan of the Dragon Ball series. I have watched them all and can't help but enjoy it. I also like Fullmetal Alchemist and a few others.
You're in luck... I too am a DBZ fan. Well, I watched everything other than Dragon Ball. I am going to go back and watch that though. You enjoying the new series? I hate how short the episodes are.
m3xtack

Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:13 am

I dabble with some anime now and then. Cowboy Beebop is my longstanding favorite and nothing has come close. I just wish the series over all was longer.
ShArk

Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:07 am

cryztals wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:03 am
ShArk wrote:

You're in luck... I too am a DBZ fan. Well, I watched everything other than Dragon Ball. I am going to go back and watch that though. You enjoying the new series? I hate how short the episodes are.
I actually put off the new series since it was shorter. I am just going to catch up with it when it is halfway or nearly over. I don't understand the short episodes at all myself.
ShArk

Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:08 am

m3xtack wrote:
I dabble with some anime now and then. Cowboy Beebop is my longstanding favorite and nothing has come close. I just wish the series over all was longer.
I think part of the reason it is a classic with a huge fan base is because it was shorter. It was written like a movie in a sense. I too enjoy it.
m3xtack

Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:55 pm

ShArk wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:08 am
m3xtack wrote:
I think part of the reason it is a classic with a huge fan base is because it was shorter. It was written like a movie in a sense. I too enjoy it.
True. I think a lot of animes that run longer tend to lose a lot of fans because they end up being put under new writers. Like with what happened in DBZ. The whole Buu saga was an example of Toriyama taking full control. A lot of people hated that saga.
cryztals

Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:55 am

A lot of people are holding off on the latest one and I can't blame them. It is a bit different.

I am actually hoping to they the route of doing a "what if" series. Like they change something early on in the series that impacts everything in the universe. Like maybe Goku marrying Bulma instead.
ShArk

Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:06 am

cryztals wrote:
A lot of people are holding off on the latest one and I can't blame them. It is a bit different.

I am actually hoping to they the route of doing a "what if" series. Like they change something early on in the series that impacts everything in the universe. Like maybe Goku marrying Bulma instead.
I don't know if they would ever do that but it would make things interesting. We would get to see the characters we enjoy grow in different ways.
cryztals

Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:17 am

ShArk wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:06 am
cryztals wrote:

I don't know if they would ever do that but it would make things interesting. We would get to see the characters we enjoy grow in different ways.
That is what i was thinking. Or even if they just did series about the different races. Maybe we get a series all about Planet Vegeta and we see him has a baby and growing up to just before the planet was destroyed.
ShArk

Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:28 am

I caught up with the Heroes series. I mean... I know it is just a short series meant to work like a commercial but man, I am not a fan of it.