Is social media destroying relationships?

Want to kick back and discuss something other than hip hop? Do it here.
WishSlayr

Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:42 pm

I don't mean just couples, but friendships and family too. It seems like there is some kind of separation going on where people are just getting fed up with the opinions of others no matter who they are or what their intentions are. They just go out of their ways to make others feel bad for what they think and that seems damn awful. This isn't a problem with just left or right or politics in general but it is bleeding into other aspects too. Like I seen a friend of mine lose it on someone over a song.
ShArk

Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:39 pm

Well yeah, it started even before this political crap became mainstream. People used it as a way to cheat on their partners, get drug hookups, lie to their parents, and basically showcase their own personal worst characteristics. It has also taught people to be better liars. I may have used it on and off over the years but I never let myself get that deep. The real world is better.
Lil P

Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:25 am

Social Media is basically destroying human interaction. We have come to a point where we don't even know how to communicate with each other. Just look around. People find everything offensive, people gettin shot and killed over stupid opinions or misunderstandings. I have seen what this crap can do to people and it ain't pretty.
Yo-She

Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:48 am

Depends who you are and how you use it. I use it myself and I have seen people get into heated arguments, friendships go up on flames, relationships get caught up in cheating, and even threats, like legit threats to hurt others. I stay out of all that and avoid people who want to act like fools online and I think I do just fine. I am mostly on Instagram these days tho.
skrilZZ

Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:43 pm

Lil P wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:25 am
Social Media is basically destroying human interaction. We have come to a point where we don't even know how to communicate with each other. Just look around. People find everything offensive, people gettin shot and killed over stupid opinions or misunderstandings. I have seen what this crap can do to people and it ain't pretty.
I have to agree with this. Interactions between people are becoming somewhat of a myth. We are becoming these fragile shells that are quick to basically find insult in everything anyone else says that we don't agree with or understand. Like everything is so personal even when it isn't supposed to be. Social media itself is hardly personal!
redMT2

Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:47 pm

I don't get that deep with it to know. I really don't care. People are going to do what they want and think what they think is best. If they have trouble accepting that not everyone is going to agree on everything, maybe they belong on social media.
Xport

Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:54 am

It is destroying more than relationships but I don't judge on the matter. I know plenty of people who are decent human beings that don't act like the masses on there who get into petty arguments and start insulting each other. If you use it, use it with caution and don't go vocalizing nonsense on there that puts a target on your face.
JakeB0MB

Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:24 pm

Xport wrote:
It is destroying more than relationships but I don't judge on the matter. I know plenty of people who are decent human beings that don't act like the masses on there who get into petty arguments and start insulting each other. If you use it, use it with caution and don't go vocalizing nonsense on there that puts a target on your face.
Easier said than done. People seem to think they are invincible on social media. Saying all kinds of stupid crap about other people. Too much of a mess to even want to be a part of if you ask me. Kind of why I spend time on forums.
Xport

Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:46 am

JakeB0MB wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:24 pm
Xport wrote:
Easier said than done. People seem to think they are invincible on social media. Saying all kinds of stupid crap about other people. Too much of a mess to even want to be a part of if you ask me. Kind of why I spend time on forums.
I wish forums would make a come back already. I know they were huge in the early to mid 2000's but since Facebook got popular, people slowly drifted to social media and a lot of great forums died off.