Battle of the Memes

Want to kick back and discuss something other than hip hop? Do it here.
Xport

Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:53 am

Anyone notice how people are losing their minds over memes today? Most notably and recently, the Pepe and NPC memes seem to be really upsetting people. The thing I don't understand is that they are memes and they are a form of comedy but people are acting like they are crimes. There are like 12 to 20 year olds making the bulk of these things who think things become funnier the more reactions they get from them so what do you think shining a spotlight on a meme is going to do?
cuTterz

Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:39 pm

LOL I am sorry but the way Twitter and people, in general, are feeding these trolls is hilarious. You are spot on with it. Memes are meant to be funny not a weapon but the feelings police are everywhere online these days. Some memes can be downright brutal but the popularized ones are just childish. These people clearly never been on 4chan... hell they may have never even been on 9gag.
HipHopstical

Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:31 am

Memes are for the most part either really stupid or really funny. There is no in between. They aren't weapons, they are pictures. I don't know what the hell is wrong with people these days. I grew up before the internet and social media was a big part of people's lives, maybe that is why?
m3xtack

Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:58 pm

HipHopstical wrote:
Memes are for the most part either really stupid or really funny. There is no in between. They aren't weapons, they are pictures. I don't know what the hell is wrong with people these days. I grew up before the internet and social media was a big part of people's lives, maybe that is why?
Right! Growing up I had to worry about being jumped or something now kids have to fear the dreaded memes. Oh noooo!

People just need to chill the heck out. They are all making socializing online more complex than it has to be. Just be a decent human and realize not everyone finds the same things funny. It is a lot easier to see how different people are online vs offline and that is the problem.
shad0ws

Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:52 am

People have lost their damn minds. That is all I can think of when I hear about this crap. The internet is not for fragile people. If you can't handle a different sense of humor, then get offline. I don't need these people screwing over our freedoms on here.
HipHopstical

Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:30 am

m3xtack wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:58 pm
HipHopstical wrote:
Right! Growing up I had to worry about being jumped or something now kids have to fear the dreaded memes. Oh noooo!

People just need to chill the heck out. They are all making socializing online more complex than it has to be. Just be a decent human and realize not everyone finds the same things funny. It is a lot easier to see how different people are online vs offline and that is the problem.
Yes! And we are trained to hate each other based on differences be it from the media, our parents/family, or hollywood. No two people are alike, even the most similar people will have things they don't agree on and that is fine.