Anyone play poker?

Want to kick back and discuss something other than hip hop? Do it here.
g code

Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:46 am

I never played before and I got invited to play this weekend at my friend's cousin's house. I said I knew how to play but here I am trying to learn online haha I should have just said I didn't know. I don't even know how to play spades! I think they might be doing multiple games too, not just the standard hold em everyone plays.
HipHopstical

Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:50 am

Poker is simple once you understand the suits and what beats what. If you didn't go already, just peep this video:

The games are all different though so I don't know what kinds of poker games you all will be playing but aside from wilds, everything stays the same.
redMT2

Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:13 am

I am well over a month late to this but I just wanted to say I played for the first time last week and once you get the suits down and the hands, it is easy. I knew how to play spades since I was 13 and this was a lot easier to learn.
g code

Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:21 am

redMT2 wrote:
I am well over a month late to this but I just wanted to say I played for the first time last week and once you get the suits down and the hands, it is easy. I knew how to play spades since I was 13 and this was a lot easier to learn.
I ended up figuring it out. They got a few laughs out me though which wasn't that bad. I laughed too. Was all good. I at least know how to play the basics. I still don't understand the odds.
redMT2

Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:50 am

g code wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:21 am
redMT2 wrote:
I ended up figuring it out. They got a few laughs out me though which wasn't that bad. I laughed too. Was all good. I at least know how to play the basics. I still don't understand the odds.
The odds is the hardest part. It is knowing the math on the fly and I am no good at that either. You have to consider the people playing, the number of cards being used, and what is being shown. All too much for me!