Lil Wayne "Vizine"

Share the latest tracks from your favorite rappers. Youtube, Spotify, Soundcloud and other copyright abiding links only.
m3xtack

Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:06 pm

This one came out in March I think. Just wanted to post it to see what you all thought on the track.

I feel like his music used to really stand out from everyone else's but this is an example of sounding the same. I get that times change and artists evolve but eh, I like his older work better.
ShArk

Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:20 pm

It is different from his old stuff but I don't think it is bad. It still has his own flair. I know a lot of people hated his work when he started transitioning from the early 2000's. He has come a long way. I may not always enjoy his work but I have much respect for him.
Lil P

Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:19 am

ShArk wrote:
It is different from his old stuff but I don't think it is bad. It still has his own flair. I know a lot of people hated his work when he started transitioning from the early 2000's. He has come a long way. I may not always enjoy his work but I have much respect for him.
Just go back through his albums. It was a slow transition. If you compare his earlier work, it is going to sound hella different as it does with most artists. Even Drake's music sounds different and he is relatively fresh.
HipHopstical

Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:41 pm

He still sounds the same to me. Maybe it is because I made the transition with him? I don't know. I always had respect for him. He grew up a lot and has come a long way for sure.
ShArk

Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:19 am

Lil P wrote:
ShArk wrote:
Just go back through his albums. It was a slow transition. If you compare his earlier work, it is going to sound hella different as it does with most artists. Even Drake's music sounds different and he is relatively fresh.
Drake's early stuff sounds WAY different to me. I actually don't care for most of it so you do have a point. I didn't think of it like this.
skrilZZ

Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:12 am

I don't see how he sounds any different. The music has changed over the years but his voice and his lyric work still sounds the same but in a good way. His ability has aged well.
m3xtack

Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:18 am

skrilZZ wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:12 am
I don't see how he sounds any different. The music has changed over the years but his voice and his lyric work still sounds the same but in a good way. His ability has aged well.
I get what you mean. Comparing that to this:

You can just get two different vibes but he was a lot younger then.
Lil P

Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:22 pm

ShArk wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:19 am
Lil P wrote:
ShArk wrote:
Drake's early stuff sounds WAY different to me. I actually don't care for most of it so you do have a point. I didn't think of it like this.
Oh same. It sounds like he wasn't able to find a balance. I would have never become a fan of his if I heard his earlier work first.