Rented Studio Time vs Home Studio?

The place for producers to discuss methods and equipment.
HipHopstical

Rented Studio Time vs Home Studio?

Post by HipHopstical » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:39 pm

For someone looking to get into the music production industry be it as an artist or someone who just supplies beats, which do you think is better? I have heard that renting a studio can cost a lot and you don't have full control over everything in every situation. I have also heard that starting your own home studio with little to no experience can end up being a waste of time and money if you don't know what you are doing. What do ya'll think?

WishSlayr

Re: Rented Studio Time vs Home Studio?

Post by WishSlayr » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:19 am

From what a friend of mine has said, working in your own studio (at home) is better. A lot of studios today charge insane amounts for just an hour of time using their equipment. Not to mention, it isn't like back in the day. It is actually cheaper to set up your own garage, basement, or office room studio than to pay weekly to rent one.

cryztals

Re: Rented Studio Time vs Home Studio?

Post by cryztals » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:12 am

WishSlayr wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:19 am
From what a friend of mine has said, working in your own studio (at home) is better. A lot of studios today charge insane amounts for just an hour of time using their equipment. Not to mention, it isn't like back in the day. It is actually cheaper to set up your own garage, basement, or office room studio than to pay weekly to rent one.
Yeah I have to say this sounds about right. A lot of peeps these days just work from their garages or basements. Just like rock bands starting out in their garages back in the 90's, beat makers and rappers can do the same now that equipment is so readily available and affordable.