Where do I begin?

The place for producers to discuss methods and equipment.
JakeB0MB

Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:31 am

I never made music, never tried beats, this is legit new to me.

How do I approach it? I want to throw my hat in music production and see if something sticks. I have not had a hobby or general interest since High School when I played on the basketball team and thanks to an injury, I wasn't able to go to college and play. Sucks and I kinda been in a fog for the last 3 years but I need to find something.

I love music, so why not try that?
cryztals

Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:15 am

So you want to start this as a hobby or something to do to pass time?

Well I guess the best thing you can do is jump right in. Download a software you feel comfortable with using. I advise you to stick with free ones for now. Watch some videos that show you how to use the software and go from there. Music production can be self-taught, you just need the passion for it.
redMT2

Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:37 am

I am just starting myself. I agree with cryztals. You don't want to drain any money into this until you are sure it is something you want to do. Just focus on finding a free software and learning it. YouTube has TONS of videos on most of them. I am messing around with Tracktion T6 but for a lot of people, this is not the ideal beginner's software.
WishSlayr

Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:24 am

This is a great video that can give you some insight on everything and what you need: