FREE Beat Maker

The place for producers to discuss methods and equipment.
Lil P

Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:21 pm

Well, this is new to me. I am curious if anyone else has used LMMS to make any kind of beats or music.
I mean it is free and seems promising if you know what you are doing.
Yo-She

Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:32 am

I am going to check this out. Thanks for sharing about it. I never actually heard about this one. I have no idea what it takes to make beats but that is part of the reason I joined, right? haha
HipHopstical

Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:48 am

Yo-She wrote:
I am going to check this out. Thanks for sharing about it. I never actually heard about this one. I have no idea what it takes to make beats but that is part of the reason I joined, right? haha
Have you messed around with anything yet? I know some people say to avoid certain software cause it can end up making it harder to learn long term. Some of them are vastly different but the big ones tend to be the same.
m3xtack

Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:17 pm

HipHopstical wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:48 am
Yo-She wrote:
Have you messed around with anything yet? I know some people say to avoid certain software cause it can end up making it harder to learn long term. Some of them are vastly different but the big ones tend to be the same.
I agree with this. You want to find one you are able to learn and stick with it cause once you learn one kind of software, switching will make things like you are learning backwards. This all depends on the software of course because many are similar.
Yo-She

Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:35 pm

I haven't actually tried any software, no. Is there something you all would recommend to someone who is new that is easy but free to use? I don't want to have that happen to me! lol