Last Thursdayism

The place where hip hop meets the Illuminati.
cryztals

Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:49 pm

Last Thursdayism (alternately Last Tuesdayism! or Last Wednesdayism) is the idea that the universe was created last Thursday, but with the physical appearance of being billions of years old. It's also a counter to the creationism theory. Under Last Thursdayism, books, fossils, light already on the way from distant stars, and literally everything (including your memories of the time before last Thursday) were all formed at the time of creation (last Thursday) in a state such that they appear much older.

Last Thursdayism functions both as philosophical point on how our observations may not match with "reality" and a reductio ad absurdum of the young-Earth creationist idea of omphalism: if the world was created 6000 years ago with the appearance of being made billions of years ago, what is there to stop us from claiming it was made Last Thursday?
source: https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Last_Thursdayism

This is somewhat of a humor theory or conspiracy in a way but there are people who actually believe this is the case.

I am one of those people who believes certain aspects of time are wrong or off but this is a bit too much for me. Anyone ever hear of it?
m3xtack

Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:04 pm

Man people are out their damn minds. lol This is the first time I heard of this one and I can see that it was meant to be a joke that people just grabbed and went running with. Who exactly started this? Was it like a single person or a group?
HipHopstical

Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:51 am

Someone I went to school with was convinced that we all live in our own version of reality. Everything that is happening around us only happens according to if we pay attention to it and interact with it. He smoked a lot so this could explain it but it was some far out there thoughts and way of thinking.