Thoughts on NFL's taking a knee rule?

The section for discussing everything related to sports such as soccer, basketball and football.
ShArk

Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:15 am

They have made it clear that no one will be allowed to take a knee before a game during the National Anthem.

You know what I say? GOOD. These men want to protest and get behind the black community, do more than take a damn knee. Invest in these poor and rundown communities. Give back. Be an inspiration to kids to keep them off the streets and out of trouble. When these guys tried to pull the whole "black lives matter" stunt, I laughed. If they really matter to them, they'd be doing something.
WishSlayr

Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:24 pm

I'm glad these guys at least showed they cared but there is a time and place to protest. I guess they figured they would get the most media attention doing something before a game. You can't hate on them for trying but I get why people got pissed.
m3xtack

Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:10 pm

Sports and politics don't belong together, no matter the cause or social view. Period. I am glad they put a stop to it.
cryztals

Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:52 am

m3xtack wrote:
Sports and politics don't belong together, no matter the cause or social view. Period. I am glad they put a stop to it.
Politics don't belong with anything other than politics anymore. People have become over sensitive idiots and most of them don't even know how this country is run let alone how basic politics even work. I am not someone who is educated on the subject but I know my place in that man lol
m3xtack

Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:07 pm

cryztals wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:52 am
m3xtack wrote:
Politics don't belong with anything other than politics anymore. People have become over sensitive idiots and most of them don't even know how this country is run let alone how basic politics even work. I am not someone who is educated on the subject but I know my place in that man lol
Oh I know. I see it too. I get having an opinion and a voice, by all means that is your right but the things these people say at protests or conventions does nothing but ensure racism, sexism, and every other social issue doesn't die out. Mixing this with sports is only going to make people get even more pissed.
Jellytelly

Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:24 pm

OMG Shark get out of my head! i feel the same way!

I think theres a time and place for protesting. But like, come on. Taking a knee and then tkaing your $20mill a year contract deal just feels so... so... I don't know the word exactly but it feels like they don't actually care and just want to sell themselves as a brand. Hardly anyone donated money, or time into commnities. Or tried to be a leader for police reform, or evn take time to join a protest. Its easy to look like you care when you're on T.V already and can just SAY you care, but actions speak louder.