Nike's new ad

The section for discussing everything related to sports such as soccer, basketball and football.
redMT2

Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:25 am

So Nike strikes again. People are losing their damn minds over this ad campaign cause of all the "taking a knee" crap that happened in 2016 and 2017 with the NFL players. I look at it from both sides here. It is disrespectful to the men and women who fought for this country and put their lives on the line to take a knee during the national anthem for sure but at the same time, they were protesting an issue that at the time, not enough people were taking seriously. I think it could have been done at a better time but it was a peaceful protest that really didn't hurt no one so :roll:
m3xtack

Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:10 pm

I was just going to make a thread on this. These players have enough followers on Twitter, they could have easily voiced in protest there or got together and did it off the field. I see nothing wrong with wanting to protest but doing it during the national anthem was disrespectful to a lot of families who lost loved ones in the war. They should have picked a better time and place to protest.

The ad, it doesn't bother me. People getting upset over it need a reality check cause always makes business moves on social topics to make more money.
Jellytelly

Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:21 pm

Oh, I don't mind the ad. I didnt really pay much attention to the whole controversy of taking a knee or anything. I didnt think t did anything but make the players a target. I think if they really wanted to help, putting their money where their mouth was would work better. Yet hardly any of them donated to the right charities...

BUT that's neither here nor there. Seems Nike likes getting in the middle of controversies lately lol. I wonder if it'll pay off on their bototm lip.