Christmas Crap

The section for discussing everything related to sports such as soccer, basketball and football.
cryztals

Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:01 pm

So I get suckered into buying things every year and it has gotten to the point where I have to shop months in advance to make sure I don't end up flat broke at the end of the year. I basically did all my shopping online this year and because I did it long before the actual shopping season starts (which is like a month away) I found some great end of summer clearance items. I ended up spending about $120 and got gifts for 8 people. I still have to shop for 1 more. Last year I spent over $200... the year before that over $300. I don't like being cheap but when you aren't earning much, buying things on sale is the way to go.

I really hate shopping but doing it now has made it a breeze. I would much rather my family do what my friend's does and everyone just draws a name and buys one gift. They cap the spending at $50 so you don't have to worry about spending too much or too little or saving a cash when you are tight on it.
shad0ws

Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:14 pm

LOL I think this was put in the wrong section unless you consider shopping a sport... hell at this point, I would say it is similar. Look at Black Friday... it is like running a marathon while dodging being pushed or trampled on. hahaha!
Bestboi

Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:26 am

Wrong section buddy, BUT I feel ya. I feel ya.

I use to do all my shopping in December and be flat ass broke by January. Last 2 years I start my shopping about August, end it by the first week of december, and Im good. Usually I spend no more than $100 per family member (that's about 7 ppl, so $700 total) and I typically just get stuff like cologne, clothing, or stuff that people need. Naturally kids get toys and junk, and that makes em happy.

Course, even adults like nerf guns and lego's so you can't go wrong with a big box of lego's or a cheap nerf gun.