I need to get motivated here

Got something that is troubling you? Discuss it here to see if our community can help.
ShArk

Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:10 am

So my life is basically not improving. Everyone I know is married, getting married, has kids, bought a house, and so on yet I am still living in my mother's basement. Feels bad man. It is a studio basement so I do have a bathroom and a small kitchen area but it still sucks. Like I figured I would have my own space by now. I feel like I slacked the last few years. I need to make more money. I need to get motivated but I just don't know what to do with myself.
skrilZZ

Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:16 am

I feel you on this. I was here a few years ago. You just got to find something you are passionate about, something you can earn from, and just stick with it for a while. I am tight on money myself but for the most part, I am happy now.
m3xtack

Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:01 am

skrilZZ wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:16 am
I feel you on this. I was here a few years ago. You just got to find something you are passionate about, something you can earn from, and just stick with it for a while. I am tight on money myself but for the most part, I am happy now.
I second this man. If you don't find something you can fully invest yourself into, you won't feel motivated to do anything. It can take time but just stick with something long enough to know for sure if it is right for you or not.
Lil P

Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:31 pm

If you want to make it a goal to earn more and making a decent living, find a tool to do it. It can be music, art, labor, anything really. I mean if you have a knack for writing, start up a blog. You can make a living on ad revenue.
Roach

Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:07 pm

Motivation is key. Look on estate agent sites and find out what sort of place you'd like, start dreaming. Then start working. Find something you want to do, get a qualification if that will help, and then just grind. Having something to work towards will help in your goals.
Jellytelly

Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:00 pm

OMG. I know what you mean. Im not where I wanted to be yet. I figured by now I'd have my own home (with a pool!), my own car, my own money. Everything!

=(

Now I feel sad I'm not. but I figure as long as you're not homeless, and as long as you have a support group you're doing fine. You can do it Shark and everyone else!