Handling Stress

Got something that is troubling you? Discuss it here to see if our community can help.
cryztals

Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:02 pm

I am one of those people that don't do well under pressure. Within the last 10 days, it has been one thing after another. Hours got cut at work, my dog got very ill, my car is having trouble, one of my friends is going through a rough patch. I am trying to just keep things together here but I don't know how to handle so much at once. Any advice?
HipHopstical

Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:58 pm

cryztals wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:02 pm
I am one of those people that don't do well under pressure. Within the last 10 days, it has been one thing after another. Hours got cut at work, my dog got very ill, my car is having trouble, one of my friends is going through a rough patch. I am trying to just keep things together here but I don't know how to handle so much at once. Any advice?
Find something you can be creative with and focus on that. I like drawing comics myself. Put on some chill music and just try to avoid thinking about the bad things in life. They are only temporary.
WishSlayr

Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:14 pm

I find working out helps. If you aren't into that, just general activity will make you feel better. If you got a dog, take it for a walk. If you like basketball, go shoot some hoops. Anything to just get the blood pumping. There is science behind exercise and stress reduction. I just don't know the fancy terms lol
cryztals

Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:07 pm

I do have to get into something new or different. I really don't do much outside from watch stuff or play video games. I work and that. I am trying to get into music and making beats, kind of why I joined here. I should focus more on that and less on my worries.