Losing fat, making gains?

Got something that is troubling you? Discuss it here to see if our community can help.
User avatar
WishSlayr
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:11 am

Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:18 pm

I know everyone says you can do one or the other, you can't do both at the same time but I don't think that is true. I know plenty of dudes who are able to lose fat and build muscle at the same time. I am looking to cut about 30 or so pounds but I also want to gain a good 10 or 15 in muscle. I will end up being smaller but leaner. What would you say is worth trying to achieve this?
User avatar
m3xtack
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:06 am

Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:08 pm

Do kettlebell work outs. They look easy and sound stupid but my cousin dropped mad weight doing them and he has as much definition and muscle now as a wrestler.
User avatar
HipHopstical
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:24 pm

Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:26 pm

Kettlebells are a great suggestion. I also recommend looking into more advanced rebounder workouts. They will help you cut the fat and you will get leaner. You may need to put in some muscle building weight lifting with this to make noticeable gains though.
User avatar
Yo-She
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:57 pm

Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:15 am

m3xtack wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:08 pm
Do kettlebell work outs. They look easy and sound stupid but my cousin dropped mad weight doing them and he has as much definition and muscle now as a wrestler.
My younger bro used kettlebells at the gym for I wanna say 3 months. Went 4 days a week. He is built! He was just a lanky twig before too now he is built more like an NBA player.
User avatar
m3xtack
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:06 am

Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:56 am

Yo-She wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:15 am
m3xtack wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:08 pm
Do kettlebell work outs. They look easy and sound stupid but my cousin dropped mad weight doing them and he has as much definition and muscle now as a wrestler.
My younger bro used kettlebells at the gym for I wanna say 3 months. Went 4 days a week. He is built! He was just a lanky twig before too now he is built more like an NBA player.
That is actually pretty impressive. I know a lot of dudes expect to see results in 1 to 3 months but most don't see any real gains or definition till like 5+ months in. Good on him though. Must have trained hard.
User avatar
ShArk
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:31 am

Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:08 am

You can do both but you have to focus them on different days. That is why they say to do cardio 4 or 5 days a week and then the remainder of the days, focus on lifting weights and building muscle.
User avatar
Yo-She
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:57 pm

Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:04 am

m3xtack wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:56 am
Yo-She wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:15 am
m3xtack wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:08 pm
Do kettlebell work outs. They look easy and sound stupid but my cousin dropped mad weight doing them and he has as much definition and muscle now as a wrestler.
My younger bro used kettlebells at the gym for I wanna say 3 months. Went 4 days a week. He is built! He was just a lanky twig before too now he is built more like an NBA player.
That is actually pretty impressive. I know a lot of dudes expect to see results in 1 to 3 months but most don't see any real gains or definition till like 5+ months in. Good on him though. Must have trained hard.
I only been to the gym with him once and he goes for a good 2 hours at a time. I know some days he will go spend the day there. That is maybe 4 or 5 days of the month. He will work out for a while, spot some people, take a break and go get food, work out again.
User avatar
WishSlayr
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:11 am

Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:19 am

I am going to look into kettlebells more, thanks guys. I have actually considered getting a set. I was watched a fitness dude on YouTube late last year who talked about them a lot.
User avatar
cryztals
Posts: 115
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:58 pm

Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:16 am

I am trying to get in better shape myself. I think I am going to start going back to the gym tomorrow. I got a membership with one down the street but I haven't gone since March.
User avatar
m3xtack
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:06 am

Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:25 pm

WishSlayr wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:19 am
I am going to look into kettlebells more, thanks guys. I have actually considered getting a set. I was watched a fitness dude on YouTube late last year who talked about them a lot.
Yo Eliot? I know he has talked about them before. I used to watch his stuff. I know there are tons of fitness guys on there but I am taking a lucky guess 8-)
Post Reply