Losing fat, making gains?

Got something that is troubling you? Discuss it here to see if our community can help.
WishSlayr

Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:22 pm

m3xtack wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:25 pm
WishSlayr wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:19 am
I am going to look into kettlebells more, thanks guys. I have actually considered getting a set. I was watched a fitness dude on YouTube late last year who talked about them a lot.
Yo Eliot? I know he has talked about them before. I used to watch his stuff. I know there are tons of fitness guys on there but I am taking a lucky guess 8-)
Nah it was another dude. I'll have to try and find the video. I do know of Eliot though. He is a cool dude and knows his stuff.
Roach

Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:03 pm

It's possible but harder. You need to make sure you aren't having much fat but are taking in good levels of protein. You will lose the weight easier than you will make the gains, putting on muscle mass whilst dieting feels quite horrible in my opinion, but it is possible. It's also possible to naturally lose weight by making gains, slowly, but especially when you first start out.
m3xtack

Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:14 pm

Roach wrote:
It's possible but harder. You need to make sure you aren't having much fat but are taking in good levels of protein. You will lose the weight easier than you will make the gains, putting on muscle mass whilst dieting feels quite horrible in my opinion, but it is possible. It's also possible to naturally lose weight by making gains, slowly, but especially when you first start out.
I actually read something about this. Like if you build on muscle slowly, it will eventually lead the body to burn more calories so if you don't change your diet, as you bulk up you will lose fat storage.
Roach

Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:16 pm

m3xtack wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:14 pm
Roach wrote:
I actually read something about this. Like if you build on muscle slowly, it will eventually lead the body to burn more calories so if you don't change your diet, as you bulk up you will lose fat storage.
Yep from experience its true. Your muscles use energy and they therefore mean you can sustain the same diet and lose weight. But it is very slow and probably not the best way to go about losing weight in all honesty. Focus on improving your diet and have the muscle building act as a supplement to it.