Brother smoking too much

Got something that is troubling you? Discuss it here to see if our community can help.
shad0ws

Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:57 am

My younger brother who is 15 is smoking way too much for his age. He is starting to skip out on school and he is just hanging out with a bad crowd. I mean I smoked when I was younger too but I never overdid it. I know it would break our moms heart if she found out. Is there anything I can say to him to convince him to at least cut back? I don't wanna see him not finish high school cause of his moronic friends. Two of them already dropped out and they ain't going no where in life.
m3xtack

Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:59 pm

Does he like anything that would keep him busy? Maybe like a sport or something? Approaching the issue with it being about drugs won't get you anywhere with him. He will likely just ignore it. If you think of something he can enjoy that eats up time and keeps him away from his low-life friends, encourage that.
skrilZZ

Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:38 am

I don't know man. I never had this issue with my younger siblings. I mean he is going to have to learn for himself. The best you can do is just encourage him to stay in school. At least if he graduates, he has a better chance at a bright future ya know?
HipHopstical

Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:50 am

skrilZZ wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:38 am
I don't know man. I never had this issue with my younger siblings. I mean he is going to have to learn for himself. The best you can do is just encourage him to stay in school. At least if he graduates, he has a better chance at a bright future ya know?
I agree with this. Let him smoke. Just make sure it isn't taking him down the wrong path. I have been friends with some pretty heavier smokers and they ended up graduating from college.
Roach

Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:01 pm

He'll have to want to quit himself for him to be successful with it, not much you can do to make that any different sadly. I would just suggest you say to him you hope he will quit and if it comes to light you won't cover for him with your mom because you owe her the truth. It has to be his decision to quit, but don't make it easy for him to keep smoking.