Why is sticking to a better diet so hard?

Got something that is troubling you? Discuss it here to see if our community can help.
shad0ws

Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:30 pm

I want to live a healthier life. I gave up soda and juice. I mainly drink water now. I am still struggling with food though. Like I feel like I can eat healthier as I do enjoy a lot of healthier foods but they are more expensive, take longer to prepare, and I just don't have it in me to do it every day. I end up getting fast food or frozen dinners and then eating junk at night. I do have to lose weight. I don't look fat but I am a good 40 pounds overweight. It isn't so much to look better, I just want to feel better.

Anyone have any tips or advice to stick to better eating habits?
Xport

Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:56 am

If you want to stick to something, commit to it for at least 21 days. After 21 days, most things are said to become a habit and you will be able to do it without forcing yourself. Make small changes at a time too. Don't get in over your head to early on.
Bestboi

Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:30 am

Make meals in advance bro! Trust me. It'll be good for ya. Its what I did when i was dieting. I'd make like a whole weeks worth of meals on my day off, put em in the fridge, and then re-heat em in a countertop oven and eat them that way. Prepare salads, chicken, lean stuff like that.

Not only that but I learned how to cook too which was an added bonus. Reheating only took 10 minutes tops, AND I ate healthier to boot!
m3xtack

Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:05 pm

Bestboi wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:30 am
Make meals in advance bro! Trust me. It'll be good for ya. Its what I did when i was dieting. I'd make like a whole weeks worth of meals on my day off, put em in the fridge, and then re-heat em in a countertop oven and eat them that way. Prepare salads, chicken, lean stuff like that.

Not only that but I learned how to cook too which was an added bonus. Reheating only took 10 minutes tops, AND I ate healthier to boot!
Meal prep is HUGE right now. I see all kinds of fitness dudes talking about it. You can see loads of videos on YouTube on how to do it too. It ends up being cheaper and healthier for sure. You can even freeze some of the meals.