Hiring someone online?

The place for graphic designers to provide their mixtape artwork design services.
Yo-She

Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:32 am

I have a friend who is working on an album. He will be putting it online and will not have a physical album, however, he will need cover art.
I mentioned that he should hire someone online and he has been looking around but some of the people he has contacted took a long time to get back or they seemed a bit shady. Is there a site where you can find people that do work like this? Should he try contacting popular artists on Twitter directly maybe or on Instagram?
JakeB0MB

Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:28 pm

I honestly can't tell you. Like a lot of people out there will be eager to rip you off. Most won't start the work without at least getting half the money up front either.
shad0ws

Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:11 pm

JakeB0MB wrote:
I honestly can't tell you. Like a lot of people out there will be eager to rip you off. Most won't start the work without at least getting half the money up front either.
This is a sad truth. I would find someone who has worked with YouTubers for thumbnails that you like and contact them through social media. At least you will know they have credibility.
Xport

Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:55 am

People who are passionate about their work won't rip you off, it is the people who take shortcuts and rip off other artists you have to look out for. Social media can help you tell the difference very easily.
JakeB0MB

Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:47 am

shad0ws wrote:
JakeB0MB wrote:
This is a sad truth. I would find someone who has worked with YouTubers for thumbnails that you like and contact them through social media. At least you will know they have credibility.
My friend ended up giving some dude on Twitter $120 to do a logo for him. He seemed to have great work but the dude just used a stock place and used a stolen logo for his design. When he called him out on it, the dude blocked him on Twitter. Thankfully Paypal agreed to get the refund for him but holy hell, it took 5 weeks.
shad0ws

Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:56 pm

JakeB0MB wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:47 am
shad0ws wrote:
JakeB0MB wrote:
My friend ended up giving some dude on Twitter $120 to do a logo for him. He seemed to have great work but the dude just used a stock place and used a stolen logo for his design. When he called him out on it, the dude blocked him on Twitter. Thankfully Paypal agreed to get the refund for him but holy hell, it took 5 weeks.
SOme truly shady people out there. I know there are sites you can pay people to do this kind of work but there is little guarantee it will be original work.