Getting your stuff on streaming services?

This is the section to buy and sell hot beats.
Roach

Getting your stuff on streaming services?

Post by Roach » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:19 pm

What do you think about using them? Sites like Spotify, Apple Music, etc. I believe they pay a lot lower rates but can be useful for helping people discover you, so it's a mix as to whether its beneficial or not. Would love to hear some thoughts from people in the field.

cryztals

Re: Getting your stuff on streaming services?

Post by cryztals » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:09 am

If you are just looking to get your music out there and not necessarily make a solid earning from it then yeah, it is a good idea. I have a buddy of mine who does this. He has some of his tracks on Apple Music and it don't make him much but his music is making rounds.

m3xtack

Post by m3xtack » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:16 am

cryztals wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:09 am
If you are just looking to get your music out there and not necessarily make a solid earning from it then yeah, it is a good idea. I have a buddy of mine who does this. He has some of his tracks on Apple Music and it don't make him much but his music is making rounds.
Yeah I second this. You won't get rich doing this but if you are lucky, you will get a good flow of attention on your work. I find that the best way to get music out there though is to put it up on YouTube and just share it around anywhere you can online.

cryztals

Post by cryztals » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:31 am

m3xtack wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:16 am
cryztals wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:09 am
Yeah I second this. You won't get rich doing this but if you are lucky, you will get a good flow of attention on your work. I find that the best way to get music out there though is to put it up on YouTube and just share it around anywhere you can online.
And if you can get a following on social media, it helps too. YouTube seems to be a good place to just get people's attention on your work.