Investing in music today

The place for producers to discuss methods and equipment.
ShArk

Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:49 am

When it comes to producing music be it complex mixes, vocals or general beats, how big of an investment do you think it takes? Or is there a rough estimate? Say I want to focus on my music making, how much would I have to spend to get a small studio going for myself along with getting my music out there?
HipHopstical

Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:58 pm

It depends on how much you want to spend. You can easily get a home studio going on a budget for like under $500, even less if you buy used items or have stuff already. I don't have much advice on time as everyone is different. Some pick up on it a lot faster than others but everyone can make music eventually.
WishSlayr

Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:06 am

You can probably find a ton of items locally on Craiglist if you want to do it by a budget. I think for most people making music, they start with used or handed down items from friends and family. You don't want to go nuts and throw a bunch of money into something you aren't sure you will enjoy long term.
m3xtack

Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:36 am

HipHopstical wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:58 pm
It depends on how much you want to spend. You can easily get a home studio going on a budget for like under $500, even less if you buy used items or have stuff already. I don't have much advice on time as everyone is different. Some pick up on it a lot faster than others but everyone can make music eventually.
Seems like most people just want to make money off of people who don't know what they are doing so they get them to over-invest and spend money where they don't need to at all.
JakeB0MB

Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:28 am

I am wondering this myself. Like is there any kind of buying guide for people new to making music on their PC in a home studio? I want to know how much I need and what to buy.