How do you view marriage?

Want to kick back and discuss something other than hip hop? Do it here.
cryztals

Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:10 am

This is a question I find myself always going back and forth on. For many years, I was against it. Never intended on getting married, didn't want to. Then my brother got married and it changed my mind. But lately, like the last 2 years... I don't know. I don't see the point. So many people get married to just get divorced a few years later. You got kids involved, it is even a bigger mess. How do you feel about it?
redMT2

Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:57 am

I view it like... It is something that is great or should be great. It should be a way to secure your relationship with someone physically, financially, emotionally and spiritually. What sucks today is that it has become a "we'll see what happens" and a lot of men and women just give up without putting any effort in. I think more people should respect marriage. If it isn't for you, don't get married ya know?
m3xtack

Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:13 am

redMT2 wrote:
I view it like... It is something that is great or should be great. It should be a way to secure your relationship with someone physically, financially, emotionally and spiritually. What sucks today is that it has become a "we'll see what happens" and a lot of men and women just give up without putting any effort in. I think more people should respect marriage. If it isn't for you, don't get married ya know?
I respect your thoughts on it. I felt for the longest time that it wasn't for me and honestly, I think it was because I couldn't see myself settling down with any woman. Truthfully, it is likely because I haven't met the one worth that kind of level of commitment so my mind is open to it now that I am older and view it differently.
skrilZZ

Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:46 pm

I think the way it is used today is a load of crap. People just consider it a piece of paper and get married for the sake of money. Very few seem to have a family in mind or a long future together. At this point, people ruined it for me. I don't ever want to get married.
redMT2

Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:23 am

m3xtack wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:13 am
redMT2 wrote:
I respect your thoughts on it. I felt for the longest time that it wasn't for me and honestly, I think it was because I couldn't see myself settling down with any woman. Truthfully, it is likely because I haven't met the one worth that kind of level of commitment so my mind is open to it now that I am older and view it differently.
I think it is normal to not like the idea of it when you are in your teens and 20's. Most people don't even think about it at all during those years and I can't blame them.
HipHopstical

Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:56 am

My parents got married when I was 11. They were together for 15 years before that. They never planned on getting married but my grandmother's dying wish was to see her daughter walk down the aisle. My mother actually did it for her at first but after things got going, both my parents really enjoyed it and actually ended up falling in love all over again. For some people, it is a beautiful thing and for others, it is just a piece of paper. I am not married and haven't given it much thought.
m3xtack

Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:20 pm

HipHopstical wrote:
My parents got married when I was 11. They were together for 15 years before that. They never planned on getting married but my grandmother's dying wish was to see her daughter walk down the aisle. My mother actually did it for her at first but after things got going, both my parents really enjoyed it and actually ended up falling in love all over again. For some people, it is a beautiful thing and for others, it is just a piece of paper. I am not married and haven't given it much thought.
You are still opened to it like me. Just because you haven't met the right person yet doesn't mean you never will. Marriage can be a wonderful thing for the right people for sure.
g code

Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:01 am

I view it as something that is for some, something that isn't for others.

I myself do not ever intend on getting married. Not because I don't respect or value women but I value my freedom more.
HipHopstical

Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:30 am

m3xtack wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:20 pm
HipHopstical wrote:
You are still opened to it like me. Just because you haven't met the right person yet doesn't mean you never will. Marriage can be a wonderful thing for the right people for sure.
Yeah I guess so. I mean it is one of those things today people are trying to say is a bad thing and that they almost always fail but if you have the chance to marry a lady you want to commit to for life, I think it is worth the risk.
Roach

Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:11 pm

I think its far less common in society today. I view it as a mainly religious thing. As someone who isn't religious I'm not too bothered about getting married, I would take it or leave it. But my girlfriend is into it, and I think it shows a level of commitment even if marriages don't always last, so I'll likely still get married.