How do you view marriage?

Want to kick back and discuss something other than hip hop? Do it here.
cryztals

How do you view marriage?

Post by cryztals » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:10 am

This is a question I find myself always going back and forth on. For many years, I was against it. Never intended on getting married, didn't want to. Then my brother got married and it changed my mind. But lately, like the last 2 years... I don't know. I don't see the point. So many people get married to just get divorced a few years later. You got kids involved, it is even a bigger mess. How do you feel about it?

redMT2

Re: How do you view marriage?

Post by redMT2 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:57 am

I view it like... It is something that is great or should be great. It should be a way to secure your relationship with someone physically, financially, emotionally and spiritually. What sucks today is that it has become a "we'll see what happens" and a lot of men and women just give up without putting any effort in. I think more people should respect marriage. If it isn't for you, don't get married ya know?

m3xtack

Re: How do you view marriage?

Post by m3xtack » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:13 am

redMT2 wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:57 am
I view it like... It is something that is great or should be great. It should be a way to secure your relationship with someone physically, financially, emotionally and spiritually. What sucks today is that it has become a "we'll see what happens" and a lot of men and women just give up without putting any effort in. I think more people should respect marriage. If it isn't for you, don't get married ya know?
I respect your thoughts on it. I felt for the longest time that it wasn't for me and honestly, I think it was because I couldn't see myself settling down with any woman. Truthfully, it is likely because I haven't met the one worth that kind of level of commitment so my mind is open to it now that I am older and view it differently.