Vybz Kartel Admitted to Murder In Text Messages

Talk about and share the latest gossip on your favorite rappers in pop culture.
HipHopNews

Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:17 pm

Four years ago, Vybz Kartel was sentenced to life in prison for the murder of Clive Williams. Since then, his defense team has been fighting to get the singer exonerated from all charges, but the prosecution insists on keeping him locked up. Recently though, a text message emerged that the prosecution wants to use as an admission of guilt.

Yet, Vybz's defense team claims that the phone that the text was sent from was contamination by the police.

This made Vybz Kartel's trial a whole lot more complicated then since the message from Kartel's phone is being used as an admission of guilt. The text itself reading;
"Between me and you, a chop wi chop up di bwoy lizard fine fine and dash him weh nuh. As long as wi a live dem can never find him."
The defense though is claiming that the evidence was allegedly tampered with by the police. Vybz's defense team argued that disjointed and incomplete text messages were being presented as evidence in the courtroom. Additionally, they said that there were inconsistent times given for the text messages themselves, and the files on when they were created.

the lead prosecutor, Jeremy Taylor, argued that even if the phone evidence is dismissed there are 19 other pieces of circumstantial evidence that he feels would lead the jury to reach a guilty verdict.

Only time will tell what happens to Vybz Kartel, and whether he gets released or not. Let's see which side Justice falls on.
Lil P

Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:18 am

I don't know if I am buying that the police did something. With BLM strong and in full force, a cop would be stupid to do something like this. And really, if he did kill someone it wouldn't surprise me. I just want to see the truth come to light. Guilty or not, it needs to end with the truth.
HipHopstical

Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:38 pm

Lil P wrote:
I don't know if I am buying that the police did something. With BLM strong and in full force, a cop would be stupid to do something like this. And really, if he did kill someone it wouldn't surprise me. I just want to see the truth come to light. Guilty or not, it needs to end with the truth.
One would hope the truth comes through but that isn't always the case. A lot of black men get falsy accused but plenty get away with murder and other crimes all the time so it is a real toss-up. Can't trust the police either, not entirely.
Lil P

Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:25 pm

HipHopstical wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:38 pm
Lil P wrote:
One would hope the truth comes through but that isn't always the case. A lot of black men get falsy accused but plenty get away with murder and other crimes all the time so it is a real toss-up. Can't trust the police either, not entirely.
Honestly, you can't really trust much of anyone these days. Not the law keeps, the law breakers, the big gov or pharma... They all don't seem to have our best interests in mind so when something like this comes forward, it is hard to judge it.
HipHopstical

Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:46 am

That is a bit on the conspiracy side of things though. You start getting that kind of mindset going all the time, you will see shady stuff in everything. Not a good way to live my man.