My Ex Won't Stop Texting/Calling

Got something that is troubling you? Discuss it here to see if our community can help.
m3xtack

Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:04 am

So I broke up with my ex earlier this year. We tried to make it work several times and I just couldn't do it anymore. She is in college and I told her I didn't want to ruin that for her. I am a 6/7 years older than her as well so we don't view things the same and it causes tension. A few months went by and we didn't say a word to each other. Then once in a while, we'd see how things were going with each other and now out of no where, she is trying to "talk" and be "friends" and I am not feeling it. I can't be friends with an ex. How do I let her down gently with this? I mean I am talking with someone else now and I don't want her to ruin that for me by texting and calling damn near every day.
Lil P

Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:32 pm

Sounds like she didn't get any closure. Tell her that you are seeing someone else. If you think she is going to react badly to that, being that she is younger she might, then just tell her you moved on and for the sake of heartbreak, you suggest she does the same.
HipHopstical

Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:50 am

Lil P wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:32 pm
Sounds like she didn't get any closure. Tell her that you are seeing someone else. If you think she is going to react badly to that, being that she is younger she might, then just tell her you moved on and for the sake of heartbreak, you suggest she does the same.
That is the impression I got. She needs closure and sometimes this involves straight up telling the lady that things are done and you need to part ways. Tough love and all that.
cryztals

Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:17 am

I had this happen to me once. It took me actually showing her I had no interest in her by meeting you somewhere with my current girl. She was very pissed about it but I got the message to stick finally. She was showing up at my work and calling my mom. Was getting me mad.
Roach

Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:05 pm

Honesty the best policy. I would just say that you have moved on like others have suggested, and hope she does the same. Say you think its better that you just don't talk anymore or something and hopefully she gets the message and doesn't take it in a bad way. Good luck!