Would a gaming PC be good?

The place for producers to discuss methods and equipment.
cuTterz

Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:12 am

I was trying to find this answer a few days ago and couldn't find a solid one. I have a gaming PC and I would like to get into music production. I am just wondering if it is the right kind of computer to use or if I even can. Anyone know? I am brand new to this.
JakeB0MB

Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:45 am

I don't see why not. The whole point of a gaming PC is to handle multiple media tasks so it should do just fine my friend. You can look up your specs and compare them if you'd like but I am sure it is perfectly fine. Just make sure you have enough memory.
Yo-She

Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:33 am

JakeB0MB wrote:
I don't see why not. The whole point of a gaming PC is to handle multiple media tasks so it should do just fine my friend. You can look up your specs and compare them if you'd like but I am sure it is perfectly fine. Just make sure you have enough memory.
Memory is usually where people mess up. Anyone I talk to about computers always recommends a solid SSD drive be it a PC or laptop.
JakeB0MB

Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:22 pm

Yo-She wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:33 am
JakeB0MB wrote:
Memory is usually where people mess up. Anyone I talk to about computers always recommends a solid SSD drive be it a PC or laptop.
Exactly this. You are right. A lot of people think they get a good computer but once you have windows or whatever system program running, it tends to eat up 50%+ of the memory right there. SSDs are the way to go!