WRLD On Drugs - Future & Juice WRLD

Write your review on the last album or mixtape you listened to.
skrilZZ

Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:44 am

Two of the biggest names in trap came together for collab album. We get 16 tracks total.

1 Jet Lag (Ft. Young Scooter)
2 Astronauts
3 Fine China
4 Red Bentley (Ft. Young Thug)
5 Make It Back by Juice WRLD
6 Oxy by Future (Ft. Lil Wayne)
7 7 AM Freestyle
8 Different (Ft. Yung Bans)
9 Shorty
10 Realer n Realer
11 No Issue
12 WRLD On Drugs
13 Afterlife by Future
14 Ain't Livin Right (Ft. Gunna)
15 Transformer by Future (Ft. Nicki Minaj)
16 Hard Work Pays Off

Now for my thoughts. The beats, for the most part, are decent. The overall feel of the album is okay but there are several tracks that really don't hold up well. 7AM is one of them. They sound like they are drugged out of their minds on that one and it isn't a good sound to me at all. Another one that seems to be stripped down in a bad way is No Issue. It is just hard to listen to for me.

Overall the lyrics in a number of the songs devalue the entire album for me and I have to take a hard pass on it. I gave it a chance. I am not feeling it at all.
redMT2

Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:20 am

I haven't heard the entire thing yet so I won't state my case for the whole album but I do agree about some of the lyrics I have heard thus far. Sounds like these dudes are either drugged out their minds or they just ain't putting the effort into the songs and letting the beats sell the CD for them. Kids will eat this up, not me.
shad0ws

Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:49 am

To be fair here, OP... You did look at the album cover right? Did you not expect them to be high on something at any point in the entire album? It would be more real to say they were "less high" on the tracks you liked more. lol
g code

Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:44 am

shad0ws wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:49 am
To be fair here, OP... You did look at the album cover right? Did you not expect them to be high on something at any point in the entire album? It would be more real to say they were "less high" on the tracks you liked more. lol
I was going to say the same thing. These dudes aren't shy about their drug use so naturally, you are going to hear it in the music. I just hope they slow it down as they get older. We have enough young artists OD'ing these days in the hip hop world.