Chris Brown Unveils "Indigo"

Talk about and share the latest gossip on your favorite rappers in pop culture.
Post Reply
HipHopstical
Posts: 203
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:24 pm

Wed May 15, 2019 1:09 am

Chris Brown's new album is officially on the way.

Chris Brown's been teasing his new album, Indigofor a hot minute at this point. The singer's teased the follow-up to Heartbreak On A Full Moon for a while before officially declaring it "Indigo Season" at the top of the year. After dishing out a few singles, he's come through to confirm that the project is officially on the way.

Source:https://www.hotnewhiphop.com/chris-brow ... 80206.html



The artwork for the album kind of reminds me of Space Jame when they are doing the final game. It comes out late June. Anyone planning on picking up a copy of DL'ing it?
User avatar
WishSlayr
Posts: 191
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:11 am

Wed May 15, 2019 1:36 am

That is some interesting art for sure. I like the other piece more than the main one myself. He kinds looks weird in it. The floating about the pyramid has some meaning to it though you can tell.
User avatar
cryztals
Posts: 217
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:58 pm

Wed May 15, 2019 8:35 pm

Very interesting. Not my style but it certainly does grab attention. I like the old school album look with the people on the cover or some graffiti art.
User avatar
m3xtack
Posts: 223
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:06 am

Wed May 15, 2019 8:50 pm

I kind of assumed this album was coming out in like September or October. I think since he is going on tour with Nicki that he is looking to plug for it so it makes sense.
User avatar
Lil P
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:06 am

Sun May 19, 2019 12:52 am

cryztals wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 8:35 pm
Very interesting. Not my style but it certainly does grab attention. I like the old school album look with the people on the cover or some graffiti art.
I don't care for it either, I am with you on the old look as well. For me, it felt more about the image of the raper than some "idea" they want to push across in an artsy way.
User avatar
skrilZZ
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:42 pm

Sun May 19, 2019 5:30 pm

Does anyone know offhand how many tracks will be on this one? I think he may have rushed it because of the concert like mentioned so we might get a shorter album here.
User avatar
Xport
Posts: 129
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:03 am

Thu May 23, 2019 7:13 pm

skrilZZ wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 5:30 pm
Does anyone know offhand how many tracks will be on this one? I think he may have rushed it because of the concert like mentioned so we might get a shorter album here.
I think he might have released a track list on his Instagram. You'll have to check, I don't really follow what people do on there, I just remember seeing it online somewhere.
User avatar
cryztals
Posts: 217
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:58 pm

Thu May 30, 2019 2:05 am

Lil P wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 12:52 am
cryztals wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 8:35 pm
Very interesting. Not my style but it certainly does grab attention. I like the old school album look with the people on the cover or some graffiti art.
I don't care for it either, I am with you on the old look as well. For me, it felt more about the image of the raper than some "idea" they want to push across in an artsy way.
I am fine with people wanting to get artistic but most of these images are done with little input from the artist anymore. His manager and label likely chose the album cover and back.
User avatar
m3xtack
Posts: 223
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:06 am

Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:10 pm

True. A lot of these covers are what the manager or label thinks would be best. It is funny too, not too long ago that was one of the last things an artist had left to freely create themselves as far as mainstream music goes. Now they don't even have that. So many are just puppets and sell outs but so long as they make music people love, that is all that matters cause they get that paycheck.
User avatar
skrilZZ
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:42 pm

Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:37 pm

Xport wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 7:13 pm
skrilZZ wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 5:30 pm
Does anyone know offhand how many tracks will be on this one? I think he may have rushed it because of the concert like mentioned so we might get a shorter album here.
I think he might have released a track list on his Instagram. You'll have to check, I don't really follow what people do on there, I just remember seeing it online somewhere.
Ah right I always forget to check there. I am not on that platform. I think I have a Twitter account but I haven't been on there in a long time.
Post Reply