At the moment you are viewing this site as a guest. In order for you to participate in this community we require you to create a free membership.

It takes less than a minute and all you need is a valid email address.

Click To Register >>>
ucp.php?mode=register

Jay-Z & Timbaland Getting Sued

Talk about and share the latest gossip on your favorite rappers in pop culture.
skrilZZ
United States of America

Sun May 19, 2019 5:28 pm

Jay-Z, Roc-A-Fella Records, Sony Music, and Timbaland were all accused of wrong-doing in the legal papers filed by Ernie Hines' attorney.

According to the Blast, and now TMZ, an 81-year-old singer is suing a consortium of entities and artists led by Jay-Z, upon learning that his song saw unlawfully sampled, several years in the past. Ernie Hiles is the 81-year claimant, is pointing to "Help Me Put Out the Flame (In My Heart)," a 7" single that was pressed in 1970 while he occupied a residency over at Stax Records.

Read more: https://www.hotnewhiphop.com/jay-z-and- ... 80580.html

I never heard of this man but it does sound a lot similar. I know this is a problem in the hip hop community... People stealing other people's work but I would not have expected someone like Timberland to do it. Yikes!

redMT2

Sun May 19, 2019 5:48 pm

Someone messed up. I am shocked it took him this long to notice or do anything about it. I too have not heard of Ernie Hines either but if this holds up, I hope he gets what is rightfully his.
shad0ws
United States of America

Wed May 22, 2019 1:26 am

redMT2 wrote:
Someone messed up. I am shocked it took him this long to notice or do anything about it. I too have not heard of Ernie Hines either but if this holds up, I hope he gets what is rightfully his.
It is sad because things like this happen all the time. A lot of times, they assume the person is dead so they won't do anything about their music being ripped off. Sometimes it is by mistake but rarely.
g code
United States of America

Thu May 23, 2019 12:05 am

Someone I was close with like 10 years ago had this happen to him. He made some music and shared it online, later found it in someone's rap LP. He tried to issue some kind of legal action but the dude who stole the song deleted the evidence and acted like the song never existed.
WishSlayr
United States of America

Wed May 29, 2019 2:14 am

Whatever came of this? I tried to dig up some information and haven't found an update. Maybe he just threw money at the problem?
Lil P
Canada

Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:00 am

WishSlayr wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 2:14 am
Whatever came of this? I tried to dig up some information and haven't found an update. Maybe he just threw money at the problem?
Nothing yet that I have read or heard. Seems like it went public and then got hushed up. Maybe it was one of those fake stories or misunderstood ones? I don't know.
redMT2

Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:40 am

shad0ws wrote:
redMT2 wrote:
It is sad because things like this happen all the time. A lot of times, they assume the person is dead so they won't do anything about their music being ripped off. Sometimes it is by mistake but rarely.
Yeah I guess so. I guess this kind of think can pop up out of the blue... I mean even if the dude is dead, it doesn't give them the right to steal his work.
shad0ws
United States of America

Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:32 am

redMT2 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:40 am
shad0ws wrote:
redMT2 wrote:
Yeah I guess so. I guess this kind of think can pop up out of the blue... I mean even if the dude is dead, it doesn't give them the right to steal his work.
That is the thing of it. A lot of older people do not listen to the same music. He may have never heard the song this entire time. Also, that is a valid point. You don't just take something because someone no longer lives.
m3xtack
United States of America

Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:34 pm

Wow that's a shock, Timbaland of all people has stolen samples. I mean, these guys are super rich and will brush off any potential fine they are given, but it does hurt their reputation. Maybe more will be uncovered soon too.