Are people who crave fame, insane?

Want to kick back and discuss something other than hip hop? Do it here.
JakeB0MB

Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:04 am

I was talking with my brother the other day and we both came to the conclusion that people who chase fame or are willingly famous have some kind of mental issue. When you see the crap they go though, the stress, being under a constant spotlight, lack of privacy... You would have to be nuts to want all that. You can be wealthy or rich without being famous just like you can be broke as dirt and be famous.
skrilZZ

Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:26 am

I would say you have to at least be participial insane to want it. Most of those people you see in magazines, in movies, on TV shows.. They may seem happy on the surface but they are typically more miserable than average people. Money doesn't buy happiness. It is only a temporary illusion of happiness.
shad0ws

Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:13 pm

I don't think everyone is insane but I would imagine some of them are. Being famous is stressful and not many people who even want fame can handle the stress. A lot of famous people end up disappearing and leave it to pursue something where they aren't in a constant spotlight.
Xport

Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:10 pm

I used to want to be famous and I can tell you it was more about having people worship me than anything. I had a complex growing up and loved attention. That being said, I think everyone is a little crazy but for different reasons.
m3xtack

Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:36 pm

Everyone is insane or crazy for different reasons. I like to consider fame chasers ones who wear their crazy on their sleeve. I would love to have the wealth of some of these people but I wouldn't want to be famous.