Mental Health Support Forum

Free and Open Support For Those Living With Mental Health Conditions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to MHSF. Please do not feel afraid to join us to discuss any issues that may be affecting your daily life, we are all here to help each other and we want to provide a safe and secure space for communication regarding mental health no matter your race, religion or sexual orientation.

#1 2020-06-13 20:37:34

dividednationz

Is it normal to think about dark things?

From time to time I think about what it would be like if I died. How people would react, who would miss me, how life would go on. I think of getting ill with a disease and it kills me. I think about car accidents, being robbed at gunpoint and killed, among other things. I don't have a feeling of relief or anything nor do I think about killing myself but I can't imagine this is normal, is it?

#2 2020-06-18 22:49:15

tigerbound

Re: Is it normal to think about dark things?

It is actually normal to get these thoughts. Don't let yourself think otherwise. The brain will pick up on things we have seen in real life, TV shows, movies, hear in music, and put images and visuals to them using ourselves and people we know. I guess that is why they say to mind what you let your children consume.

Board footer