Mental Health Support Forum

Free and Open Support For Those Living With Mental Health Conditions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to MHSF. Please do not feel afraid to join us to discuss any issues that may be affecting your daily life, we are all here to help each other and we want to provide a safe and secure space for communication regarding mental health no matter your race, religion or sexual orientation.

#1 2020-06-16 21:50:55

cl0ud9

Struggling with healthier eating

I told myself this would be the year that I ate better and lost some weight. Nearly 6 months in and I have only lost maybe 4 pounds and I am still struggling to eat better. Does anyone have any tips for someone trying to lose weight that will help to stick to a plan?

#2 2020-06-18 22:38:35

tigerbound

Re: Struggling with healthier eating

The best tip I can give is one based on my own experiences. I struggled for years myself and when I finally stopped caring so much and just focused on life, my weight changed. I ended up losing over 30 pounds without realizing it. I was happier, more active, and eating less because I spent less time in my head.

#3 2020-06-27 00:54:23

lonelygamer56

I am a bit overweight and could stand to lose some but I think tigerbound is right. When I stopped caring so much, I did lose a little bit of weight and have since not put any more on. I am working on eating better for health reasons, losing weight will be a bonus.

#4 2020-06-30 20:39:32

shatteredbits

Set goals that are realistic for you. A lot of people try to lose 20 pounds in a single month. That is VERY hard to do, especially if you have less than 100 pounds to lose. Aim for 1 pound a week. Make small changes like cutting out soda and other foods that have no nutrition. You can also go for a short walk after lunch or dinner each day which will help you burn calories and better digest your food.

Board footer