Mental Health Support Forum

Free and Open Support For Those Living With Mental Health Conditions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to MHSF. Please do not feel afraid to join us to discuss any issues that may be affecting your daily life, we are all here to help each other and we want to provide a safe and secure space for communication regarding mental health no matter your race, religion or sexual orientation.

#1 2020-06-18 22:37:31

tigerbound

Trust issues

Anyone else here have trust issues? I am not sure if it is down to my paranoia and anxiety or my horrible taste in people but I have struggled with trust issues for years. My husband is amazing and I have no reason not to trust him but the thoughts still creep in that he can be doing things behind my back. I am able to ignore them but I shouldn't be having them in the first place.

#2 2020-06-27 00:53:10

lonelygamer56

Re: Trust issues

If you had people breaking your trust from a young age, you are bound to have issues with this. I was fortunate enough to have a close family and a close friend growing up so when people did start lying and breaking my trust in life, I was able to cope with it.

#3 2020-06-30 20:33:31

shatteredbits

Re: Trust issues

I do. I mainly do because of my relationship with my mother. I grew up with her lying and teasing me. What makes things worse is that one of my brothers teased me too so I got bullied in my own home. It was not fun. I have a hard time trusting people in general, not just in relationships. It has made making friends very hard for me.

Board footer