Mental Health Support Forum

Free and Open Support For Those Living With Mental Health Conditions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to MHSF. Please do not feel afraid to join us to discuss any issues that may be affecting your daily life, we are all here to help each other and we want to provide a safe and secure space for communication regarding mental health no matter your race, religion or sexual orientation.

#1 2020-06-22 04:04:28

deepdivine42

Can PTSD be purely physical?

As someone who has had panic attacks, I often wonder if post-traumatic stress disorders can develop as a physical result of mental/emotional stress from having panic attacks. What makes me see a possible connection is that a person can fear to have a panic attack so much that they develop agoraphobia and refuse to leave their homes. So the sensations the body has gone through triggers the response in the brain to be scared of the situation.

#2 2020-06-26 01:12:14

lazytuesdays

Re: Can PTSD be purely physical?

Do you mean that the body only reacts to the stress and not the mind? I have never heard of such a thing but that doesn't mean this can't be the case for some people.

#3 2020-06-27 22:25:46

BlueClover

Re: Can PTSD be purely physical?

PTSD is not a physical issue, it is a mental one. You can experience reactions in your body from prolonged stress, fear, and worry though. This can come on with the stress or it can happen days, weeks, or months after the fact. I think this is what you were asking about.

Board footer