Mental Health Support Forum

Free and Open Support For Those Living With Mental Health Conditions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to MHSF. Please do not feel afraid to join us to discuss any issues that may be affecting your daily life, we are all here to help each other and we want to provide a safe and secure space for communication regarding mental health no matter your race, religion or sexual orientation.

#1 2020-06-26 00:54:11

lazytuesdays

Does CBD oil help with depression?

I read that it can help with anxiety but I am wondering what it can do for people with depression. I would imagine this is not something you can take while on other medications unless it is directed by your doctor.

#2 2020-06-27 22:10:25

BlueClover

Re: Does CBD oil help with depression?

There was a study done in 2014 that showed CBD oil can be beneficial for depression and anxiety in animals but they haven't completed testing in humans yet. The studies for this started in 2018 so it may be a few more years before there is solid evidence but it looks to be promising.

#3 2020-06-28 23:39:29

RedRuuby

Re: Does CBD oil help with depression?

The place I worked at sold CBD oil and a number of people came in for it to help with depression so there must be something to it. I am not sure if they were using it with prescription meds or not. Might be worth asking your doctor about?

Board footer