Mental Health Support Forum

Free and Open Support For Those Living With Mental Health Conditions

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to MHSF. Please do not feel afraid to join us to discuss any issues that may be affecting your daily life, we are all here to help each other and we want to provide a safe and secure space for communication regarding mental health no matter your race, religion or sexual orientation.

#1 2020-06-12 09:45:33

EmmaC

Living With Chronic Anxiety

Does anyone else suffer from this? I have a real fear of leaving my house and with this Covid-19 pandemic I am now more than ever scared of dieing.

What methods do you use to help get you out of the house when the anxiety doesn't want you to leave your bed?

#2 2020-06-13 01:33:39

gregfritz

Re: Living With Chronic Anxiety

If you are scared of leaving your home and you don't you will likely develop agoraphobia. You have to be careful not to trap yourself in that. I did a few times and it makes life very hard. I have been avoiding the news myself. I have since felt better.

#3 2020-06-13 20:40:03

dividednationz

I have had it happen a few times after bad panic attacks. It is normal to view your home as your safe space, nothing wrong with that but given what is going on in the world right now, I can't blame anyone for fear of leaving their home even those who don't suffer from anxiety.

#4 2020-06-18 23:02:50

tigerbound

gregfritz wrote:

If you are scared of leaving your home and you don't you will likely develop agoraphobia. You have to be careful not to trap yourself in that. I did a few times and it makes life very hard. I have been avoiding the news myself. I have since felt better.

I agree with this. You don't want to get trapped in this kind of mindset because it will be harder each day to get yourself out of it. Focus on positive things as best you can and find someone you can trust to be around if a panic attack happens and get outdoors more. Start small if you have to.

Board footer